Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: hz replica sandman ute/ custom

Learner Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by Valencia View Post
    Not having a dig here because i love what you have done to this ute but it never ceases to amaze me why trimmers cant get all the creases out of the seat covers how fricken hard can it be
    Thats ok, I had the same gripe. $500 a seat though stripped, sandblasted frame, painted and retrimmed. Not exactly show quality cost I suppose. If I was paying serious money for the trim I wouldnt accept it.

Not having a dig here because i love what you have done to this ute but it never ceases to amaze me why trimmers cant get all the creases out of the seat covers how fricken hard can it be
    they can pull it tight Val. as the seat ages the material drys out, settles and slack is taken up. no play, it rips. that's what my trimmer sold me anyways
    BQZ

Quote Originally Posted by Vombil View Post
    they can pull it tight Val. as the seat ages the material drys out, settles and slack is taken up. no play, it rips. that's what my trimmer sold me anyways
    Thats BS and you know it got a mate thats a trimmer not once has he had creases in his work
    but he work has been in a couple of cars in Street Machine

yeah. i can't stand seeing it either. maybe they give it too much than not enough. would work in their favour really as it won't rip which means they won't need to repair under warranty.
    BQZ

Awesome transformation, I would be very proud of the end product if I was you.

Learner Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by DNO62 View Post
    Awesome transformation, I would be very proud of the end product if I was you.
    Cheers, yeah Im really happy with it. A few things bugging me to correct like I cant get the bloody lower dash dascia to sit flush with the upper near the ash tray but ill make it fit. but overall shes good. Ive done plenty of jobs where ive spent infinite hours making things perfect for people and I didnt want that stress. It had to be fun, not worrying about every minor minor thing. And I have enjoyed it (even looking back out sitting in a pool of water wet rubbing inside the tray on winters nights last year brrr) and I think the result is fun, a bit quirky but full of character and personality. I really enjoy the car!

Cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by starks View Post
    Cheers, yeah Im really happy with it. A few things bugging me to correct like I cant get the bloody lower dash dascia to sit flush with the upper near the ash tray but ill make it fit. but overall shes good. Ive done plenty of jobs where ive spent infinite hours making things perfect for people and I didnt want that stress. It had to be fun, not worrying about every minor minor thing. And I have enjoyed it I really enjoy the car!
    That's the main part , the last bit especially" enjoy the car "its your ideas that have made it so good. A very nice car you've got there!

Nice job on the shifter to looks good

Top job, bloody nice ute.
    Paddy

Sandman...Just Drive It.!

Learner Driver
    Nice job on the shifter to looks good
    Thanks! And best thing is its legal. Not too many options for a shifter with the 700r4. You can run the factory turbo 400 shifter but it wont lock down to first, second only. Not that Im needing to lock it down but atleast it all works correctly. And with some use the B&M shifter frees up and is pretty easy to use now.
    And I didnt fancy the all black vn style shifter which would be mucking around with linkages rather than a cable.
    Thats the gear knob off of the m20 stick that came out of her too. Gives it a nice could be factory look. People don't even question it who dont know its not original.

Thanks for the kind comments guys, really stoked

Thread Information