Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: hz replica sandman ute/ custom

That is awesome Stark. Looks straight and I too love that colour, we did black interior in our green van for the same reason it was meant to be buckskin, but black looked so much better. I stored all correct colour in case we wanted to return it to original
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

custom comeback! just took 5 to have a good look at pics. A stunning ute! Well done on all your effort. It has certainly paid off
    BQZ

Learner Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by jennie285 View Post
    That is awesome Stark. Looks straight and I too love that colour, we did black interior in our green van for the same reason it was meant to be buckskin, but black looked so much better. I stored all correct colour in case we wanted to return it to original
    Hey thanks, shes quite straight, one or two ripples in the tray where unfortunately the wtrs pulled a little when the tonneau hook clips were welded but youve goota look for them but otherwise pretty good. I took great care in straightening around the wheel arches and getting the lines right. One of the biggest problems I see with guys repairing hq-wb is the tendancy to over fill the areas around the arches. I was fortunate enough to be at Montville up the Sunshine Coast with my wife the day before Van Nationals in Caboolture a couple of years ago and see a whole run of vans and utes driving up the mountain. I was able to see how perfect the bodys looked on these vehicles and it gave me a finished product to strive for. I was very impressed with the quality at the show.

Luckily being a tribute build I was free to use whatever colours I wanted and would agree with a restored vehical such as yourself its nice to change things but a great idea to have a correct set of trims as you say.
    Growing up every other weekend I spent at my grandfathers workshop 'The Restoration Shop' which was primarily vintage restoration, he was an absolute purist and everything had to be 100% as it was or could have been from factory. While hes been very impressed with my work he always seems so disappointed I dont do things as perfectly original. To me earlier cars are an art form and I love seeing the differences in design from maker to maker and the effort that went into body styling and placement and style of stainless and chrome etc. But theyre also a canvas you can expand on and create.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vombil View Post
    custom comeback! just took 5 to have a good look at pics. A stunning ute! Well done on all your effort. It has certainly paid off
    Cheers! Glad you like it!!

Thread Information