Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Strange Relay

P Plater
    Hi Everyone,

Thanks so much for your help. Ill try the above and hopefully move onto my next Gremlin

Cruiser
    I have to thank everyone who has replied as well because there is one in the exact same spot on my GTS, I thought there would be a way to get rid of it but hadn't got around to finding out so thanks guys.

Cheers

There is no issue with it being there, nor is the relay in any way bodgie or likely to easily fail. In fact it is a great way of incorporating a kill switch if you can trip the power supply to the relay somewhere in the cabin (in a sly spot - just break the wire and insert a two pinned switch).
    Nunc est bibendum...

Banned
    I have the kill switch that I had hidden in my old WB in my cupboard. The thieves found it and through it in the gutter along wiht the tags. It was in the coil wire and you could not see where I had cut into it. The only way to stop car thieves would be to hang a couple from the power poles at the road going into and out of your town.
    You would need the coil if you have less than 12 volts due to resistance in the factory harness (after bypassing the factory points ignition wiring as described) and it was a performance car. Every little bit counts in this situation. That relay looks like it was wired in by a school kid. If you keep it at least tidy the wiring up.
    Last edited by wbute; 16-07-2016 at 02:46 PM.

Thread Information