Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Papaya

Quote Originally Posted by maxsandman View Post
    Wade, absolutely stunning looking van, is there a story on here about it? Did you buy like this or rebuild it? How long have you owned it?

cheers
    Max
    must have been a silent sale.....it looks awfully familiar
    BQZ

Learner Driver
    Hi Max, we actually restored the car. Had on the road for about 4-6 months now I suppose. It looks abit like grunts papaya van which was on here I think, but not the same van.
    Ours has 253 4 speed as plated, slate interior, and we put the 17 inch gts wheels on instead of the standard size gts just to look abit more modern. Paint and panel has come up great and now have been enjoying driving it when the weather is nice!

It looks just right, do you have any "before" photos that you could put up to give guys like me motivation? Papaya is definitely a nice colour when it looks this good.

Learner Driver
    Yes I have full pics of the rebuild process, back to bare metal job. I will get them off the computer, I will attach a couple more which I have now. Yeah it has came up real nice, 2 pack paint also. Polymer coat under paint also to give a better finish. image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Wow wadeh27, are all those cars in photo 4 yours? If so, I am extremely envious.

very similar indeed. lovely looking papaya van!
    BQZ

Hello folks,
    It has been a long time since I last posted anything about of my project, mostly due to it being somewhat larger than I first expected. All I can say is that I am so happy that I enlisted the help of a panel and paint professional; the skill at which Bruce sorted out the rust was really something, especially the roof. It is really impressive the way he cut it all out and welded in replacement panels such as the rear quarters on both sides along with the beaver tail. Other panels he manufactured himself such as new sill for the left hand side and the piece he welded into the roof including the new drip rail he bent up. With the rust repairs now completed the paint stripping continues. Hopefully it will be primed and under coated next week.

Last edited by DNO62; 28-11-2016 at 06:36 PM.

holy hell! there's some work going into that!!!! very inspiring. i'm about to tackle exactly same sections with the exception of the roof and plenums
    BQZ

Yeah, a lot of work there, definitely worth doing right. What did he treat the surface rust inside the panels with?

Thread Information