Thread: Project Papaya

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DNO62 View Post
    Valencia, yep absolute dodgy shit. I suppose it was a period of drive it like you stole it, crash it, rebuild it using bog and fiberglass and then flog it. I think my van may have had an interesting life.

Wadeh27 thanks for the pic, I must admit I was a little disheartened when I visited the van today. It's hard to believe that my rusty hulk can be turned into something so beautiful.

Oh well, I guess you can't make an omelette without smashing a few eggs.
    Yes it gets a bit scary when you watch a panel shop go to work on your car. Check out a facebook page called 'mint monaro' if you want to see some extreme restoration panel work and the possibilities that can be done when you have a great beater on the job. Its a worthy cause restoring classics.

Quote Originally Posted by damienengland View Post
    Yes it gets a bit scary when you watch a panel shop go to work on your car. Check out a facebook page called 'mint monaro' if you want to see some extreme restoration panel work and the possibilities that can be done when you have a great beater on the job. Its a worthy cause restoring classics.
    Wow damienengland, thanks for the heads-up about the 'mint Monaro' page. I have checked out some awesome restorations on this site and have been blown away. However the restoration work on that Monaro takes things to a whole new level.
    To be honest, I would have walked straight past that Monaro thinking it was beyond help.
    It would appear that there is hope for my old girl after all.
    Cheers,

Thread Information