Thread: hz sandman van suspension paint colours

hz sandman van suspension paint colours

looked everywhere on this forum trying to find whether stub axles, steering arms, upper wishbone pivots are painted black or left bare. Any info would be greatly appreciated,cheers

bare... they are all heat treated and weren't painted when new. I'd paint them now though.
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Sandman Driver
    With good regard to Big Rob
    Stub axles; bare, (however many mask the axle and respray the rest black - it'll probably burn off over time). Steering arms; not all were bare, (scuse me Rob) I have seen at least one set black with factory yellow numbers...but I used those and sprayed em black anyway...as many do, but what interests me in your question Stoneridge, is upper wishbone pivots.

The pivots themselves have no paint at all of course. Paint will not assist longevity of the bushing/bearing. Perhaps you were describing a different item? BTW a good tip to know when replacing wishbone pivot bearings is not to torque them up tight untill the car is sitting on the ground under its own weight. (Otherwise they torque at where the wheels hang on the stands - this can cause them to either squeak, or tear in normal driving).

thank you to Big Rob and SLR dave for your help. The item i was refering to was the rod that runs between the holes in the upper wishbone. thanks again this forum is very helpful

Thread Information