Thread: Fuel tank brackets

Fuel tank brackets

Just trying to dummy fit my tank to get my fuel lines and wiring sorted but it's been sooo long since I removed It I can't remember how it goes back together.
    I don't have a commercial vehicle supplement but would love to see an exploded view if someone has one they can provide.
    I've worked out which straps go where but am unsure about the other brackets.
    Think one of them is an extra radiator support bracket.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks Damian. Exactly what I was after.
    Is there some thin rubber that gets glued on the angle brackets and the bit of the chassis where the tank touches ? Can't really remember.
    Any tips for the install. Is there enough room to get your arm up beside the tank to fit the hoses and clamps easy enough ?

You can get your hand up there, but it helps to have the straps loose from memory, to move the tank sideways onto the main filler pipe

Quote Originally Posted by HQ Freek View Post
    Thanks Damian. Exactly what I was after.
    Is there some thin rubber that gets glued on the angle brackets and the bit of the chassis where the tank touches ? Can't really remember.
    Any tips for the install. Is there enough room to get your arm up beside the tank to fit the hoses and clamps easy enough ?
    I was wondering that also. The bracket in diagram no. 13 has a piece of paper and glue on it. Is that just for "Anti vibration?" What would be an appropriate alternative?

Quick Question, what colour should the brackets be? I cleaned mine up and they appear to be gold zinc coated but the father in law is saying black.Any help would be great

Gold zinc wont rust

Thread Information