Thread: HZ non sandman survivor 3 speed column manual 253 van

Learner Driver

HZ non sandman survivor 3 speed column manual 253 van

Hi all, just listed our van in the for sale section of forum but can't remember how to add pictures, any help please??
    217,000km sweet HZ original, hubcaps, mud flaps and steel sun visor, Perth van from new but has one side window each side, in white, great condition and licenced, Perth WA, in original Palais white.
    Thanks in advance
    May have figured it out
    Ph 0457172574
    image.jpgimage.png
    Last edited by limegreenmetallic; 27-11-2016 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Pic

Price?
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Rob View Post
    Price?
    http://www.mysandman.com.au/forums/s...8-manual-Perth

whats body like mate? id imagine rust and needs paint if it 40y.o and 85% original? thanks
    BQZ

Learner Driver
    Hi guys, body is very good, in amongst the long list of work done, the worst piece was a small hole under the windscreen chrome moulding on the drivers side, which had gone through the next layer and had leaked onto the floor pan, so that was cleaned up, neutralised and a piece of a rare spares section cut and welded in. Because the floor was scaly on that driver side, the drivers floor pan was also replaced, but only with a rare spares replacement pan without the hole and round screw down cap. The entire floor was cleaned up and I used POR 15 over the entire cabin floor, top and bottom.
    The rear gates are both the originals, the top one had a hardened window seal that had curled and let moisture in, so that gate needed a few repairs under the screen seal rubber and along the bottom under the gate seal, then all seals were renewed, top and bottom gate.
    The van is not perfect and is not advertised as such, but it's a good one. It's when they've been resprayed that you don't know what you're getting. There are numerous small scratches in the paint, not gouges, it's an honest van.
    It's stance is standard, as they were, down slightly at the rear. But it's never been lowered, clears everything as they did, and the 3 speed could use a kit through it, but will go on forever, it is as we all remember them, there's no need to tell any of you on here how they are/were, a guy test drove it, hadn't been behind the wheel of a 3 on the tree for 25 years, he was smiling from ear to ear, he drove it like a star, never stalled it, but only offered $15K. The 3.36 ratio is just awesome with it, talking about it is time wasting, it's the driving that says it all.
    It's not a must sell, so I can easily keep it. We all know how hard it is to find a stock standard one that hasn't been abused.
    Cheers, full details in the for sale section of the forum, thanks for your interest.

cheers for the elaborate response mate. much appreciated. I have a mate looking is all. Can you provide comment on paint please? ie is it thin and getting to the point it needs a respray as a form of 'maintenance' before it goes down the patina path?
    i know he's not looking to spend 20k odd, and then another 10k -15k on a respray. I've told him he could buy a fairly neat sandman for that.
    BQZ

Learner Driver
    Hi, paint is good, not thin and doesn't need a respray as no patina.
    It's a buy and drive now and enjoy vehicle, not a project. A reliable van that doesn't drip oil on your driveway or shed floor.

thanks i will pass info on. i think it's a come and look type vehicle where the prospective purchaser judges if it needs respray. it' always a matter of opinion when the paint is 40 years old. thanks again mate
    BQZ

Thread Information