Thread: HX windowless Sandman Mint Julip project

HX windowless Sandman Mint Julip project

Windowless HX Sandman Van project for sale. $11500.
    Vehicle History, Started life as a Mint Julip HX Sandman, 253 4spd, slate trim. Local Geelong vehicle, but due to rust the body was cut into a ute. A fellow Sandman enthusiast bought it and re-shelled it with a windowless HJ body previous to me purchasing it. I have receipts for both vehicles. Yes it has unfortunately had a rebody and the vehicle needs a full restoration.

The body is very honest, has had one small repair in rear roof gutter by a professional. (steel welded in). The front plenum was removed by me and a good dry original sourced. Other areas of rust, sills, front floor pans (good pan supplied), lower rear quarters. The metal strips that hold the full length hoodling have also been welded in and the spiked strip.
    My plan was to create a barn style sandman find with patina'd paint but with a modern driveline. A VQ stato was bought for its driveline, so the project comes with the 253 and 4spd and a 304 and T700, plus loom, radiator, new rod hadfield gearbox crossmember. 304 and gearbox have been removed from vehicle and will go with the Sandman.

Lots of spares come with the vehicle including a few NOS and new parts, not shown in pics. Vehicle has probably 85-90% parts to put it back together.
    Will not seperate parts. Car been in dry storage for last 6+ years. I dont have time to start/finish it. Will try and get some more photos this week.

Call me on 0407887912, vehicle in Geelong. No texts please.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by sandmanowners; 05-12-2016 at 07:47 PM.

ThomasMaloney
    Surprised that nobody has asked about this van yet. Wondering if it's still in storage or has someone come to snap it up and start working on it yet? It sounds like it's been kept well even though you've never really had the chance to give this project a shot. Last thing - is the price quoted here inclusive of all the extras or will you be charging separately for the bits that a buyer needs? I may want to pass along the information to someone.

Thread Information