Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Caprice parts into HX Van?

Haha, didn't mean to go mad, its not often people mention WB Statos here so i sort of went off. Best advice is to strip everything from the Caprice as already mentioned and then have a bunch of beers while looking at it all. Its fairly easy to figure out what you want to keep and what wont make the grade. Don't worry about the doors, its easier than i made out. Bolt them on and weld up the 4 x holes for rubber strips and grind off the trim studs, voila you have standard doors with hidden statesman features....all good. Cheers

Thanks Val and Damien. I will strip out the whole thing, like the sound of power steering as well, line up all the toys/bits, then hit you up for what you think after I make a serious cull of parts

thew old days we would cut the stato thru the pillars floor to specks giving us dash aircond and wiring with all extras and done in no time a bit harder nowadays with cut and shut rules

Seats may fit if you use the original HX seat rails. Mounting points in the floor of the WB differ to earlier models.

Banned
    Disc diff needs leaf spring mounts plus a different handbrake set-up. I think there is an issue with the calliper clearance and I think they swapped the callipers side to side or something. It's been done plenty of times though so can't be too difficult.
    There is stacks of good bits you can use out of the Statesman. Kick panels with footwell lights. Integrated air but if you use a GTS dash you will need the correct AC controller. Seats but as mentioned WB has different bolt pattern. You can effectively put the complete Statesman in the HX.

Thread Information