Thread: My Ride

Learner Driver

My Ride

v2.jpgGood morning to all,

I have finally just joined your forum, ( one of those things been getting around to doing ).

I can't see where to open a new post, that is why I am piggy backing on this one.

I was one of the silly ones in the 80's who dare I say it, traded in their Van.

I have attached photos if anyone has seen it since 1987, some of the noticeable features were the Cortina fuel flap and the window mirror insert.

The interior was also pretty wild, electrically wise.

I think I have seen the door on the burgundy van attached posted by a fella called Phil Coia ( don't know where it was taken ).

Sorry, I will attached photos of my van when I can work out how to decrease the size ( they are scanned old photos).

Regards

Greg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Gregsandman; 18-01-2017 at 05:15 PM. Reason: pictures

Here you go mate, welcome.
    Nunc est bibendum...

Welcome Greg is that a blower on that van looks killer

Learner Driver
    I don't know much about the Van with the blower, I have heard it is a New Zealand Van called Sourceress.

I mainly had the picture for the door mirrors, I have a feeling mine ( Body and Soul ) was wrecked some years ago.

This is a better picture of mine.
    16403291_10211433835058200_2033940323237268413_o.jpg

Hi Greg,

Where were you based? What shows did you attend and what year did you sell etc.
    The more info you provide the more chance of finding the history.

It was named "Body & Soul" was it on the body work?

Learner Driver
    Hi Innuendo,

It was a 1977 HZ Sandman, L31 with M21
    I had it in shows in the Brisbane area in 1986 and 1987. ( Lawnton and Logan ). Top Street driven at all.
    " Body and Soul" was written across the tail gate.
    There was a large mural of a devil up the bonnet.
    The fuel cap was cut out and a Cortina Fuel flap welded in to give a clean side. I moulded mirrors into the windows to also make cleaner lines.
    Caprice grille, full HQ bumper on the rear.
    Interior had electric windows and 10 speaker Pioneer component system ( with remote control in the back).
    I had a computer panel made for the overhead console. Fluro lights behind the panel lit up the name engraved for each button. The buttons controlled individual lights behind perspex in the back.
    I sold the van in 1987, actually traded it in to Torque Ford in Redcliffe ( idiot ). From there she went to Brisbane Motor Auctions and that is the Last I have seen of her.

It was still Victorian registered , so would have had to be transferred to QLD. I found the engine number and the only thing QLD Transport would tell me is that the engine was in a 1979 HZ Ute in 2003. SUX Big ones.
    Hope this helps a bit more.

It was a neat ride and had the 80's custom touches.
    Hopefully the true story will come out with time. You can only hope it still exists.
    It's a shame the 90's hated modified Vans and a hell of a lot were broken down into Utes and One Tonners.
    If I can help or hear something I will let you know.

You never know it might be in a shed somewhere.

Learner Driver
    Much appreciated, I figure the more I get the word out someone might remember it.
    Thanks again

Thread Information