Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hz windowless panama green

Valencia I agree with you regarding the cost to build a van, unfortunatley I don't think to many people will ever recoupe the money that they expended. My project is coming to a close with my van hopefully on the road very soon and when I sat down to add up my spendings to date I was a little surprised. Financially I would have been better off buying a van in decent shape and benefitted from someone else's time and effort. Don't get me wrong I have learnt so much from the project and in the main it has been enjoyable, however money wise I don't see topping any list of investments.

P Plater
    thanks for your advice guys, ive decided to keep it as im definatly not gunna get close to what i forked out to build it. i love it to death and cant imagine life without it, sometimes life forces you to make tough decisions but im not letting this one happen

Quote Originally Posted by greenhz View Post
    thanks for your advice guys, ive decided to keep it as im definatly not gunna get close to what i forked out to build it. i love it to death and cant imagine life without it, sometimes life forces you to make tough decisions but im not letting this one happen
    Good to hear

Quote Originally Posted by greenhz View Post
    THAT is the best news I've heard all day!! Good stuff mate. Will get ya to come along on club cruises

Too right, keep it! It's a bloody ripper Van.

Like most car builds you never get anywhere near what you have put it. So best to keep it forever and pass it on.

Nice

Mate I have been in one of those life experiences and sold.
    Wish I never did,But I did what I thought was right at the time, I should have asked friends.
    Fortunately I hung onto this van and I have no regrets at all.
    Life can throw you curve balls at times.
    And I got this van because someone was in your position and decided to sell.
    And someone got my Brock because of my divorce.
    So keep her she's a beauty
    It is not about the journey,It is the style we travel in!

P Plater
    yep, im glad ive decided to keep your absolutely right i used to look at it as an investment instead of something to enjoy so the old girl stays!

hopefully she'll have the last few things finished on her before summer next year ready for cruising.
    just added led light bars to the rear cabin, 40lt engel fridge, old school bluetooth radio that looks identical to the original radio so dash looks factory, 4 x 6x9 speakers in the rear, new green ignition leads sent from the states with custom billet lead separators going on this week, and tickle the carby its been sitting too long and has a few flat spots.

then just to line the rear cabin and create a divider some trimming and i think (crossed fingers) she'll be complete after 10 years

Have just been for a cruz in ours and loving it.
    Check out facebook(mysandman site)as for some strange reasons cannot post pic here?
    Glad you have made your decision I promise you will not regret it.
    We did not purchase the van for money value or collectable value we got it because we like it!

Cheers Kiwivan
    It is not about the journey,It is the style we travel in!

Spot on Kiwivan

Thread Information