Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hz windowless panama green

P Plater

hz windowless panama green

hi everyone,
    well i think its time to seriously consider selling the van!
    so i asking for an expression of interest of what you guys think it might be worth before i put it on the market
    its been a 10 year relationship starting from scratch, ive recently had a baby with my wife and am down to one wage i never thought id have to do this but here goes.

hz windowless factory v8 panelvan 1978
    seating capacity 3 so not a sandman

ive owned 4 genuine sandmans previously and none of them have had the time or money spent on them like this one and it shows.
    only the best of everything was used and all items were either bought new or nos.

it does have custom work done to it which makes it unique to me , i also understand some things will not be to everyones taste, but when you build a van you build it how you want not how others will judge it.

features:
    vn style 304 (retro fitted carby) completely rebuilt 40 thou over flat tops ported and polished heads nice cam easy to drive
    turbo 700 auto uses same hz shifter, rebuilt stage two shift kit, high stall and extra heavy duty goodies trans cooler etc
    9 inch diff 3.55 lsd
    17x8+17x9 inch gts style bandit wheels and new tyres
    retrimmed interior cabin including full length headlining, new door trims with new long armrests, rare spares console and dash surround, trimmed dash pad, new carpet and underlay with resomat insulation,

2 pak premium paint all round paint approximately 5 years old
    decals from stick this purchased and applied 1.5 years ago

heater box has been removed for a cleaner engine bay, electric heaters installed to defrost dash connected to factory fan switch
    bluetooth usa audio radio purchased which has the same face plate as original radio and fits into factory slot
    electric windows installed factory set up

all new suspension and brakes set up
    IMG_0059-min (1).JPGIMG_4840-min.JPGIMG_2569-min.JPGIMG_0645.jpgsandman 124.jpgsandman 120.jpgsandman 127.jpg

Nice van and mods good luck with the sale that wont last long

looks really great top efford all the way thru and top finish and well presented. good luck with the sale;

Nice Van, I like it!

Your asking for an opinion on price right?
    As I see it - 20 to 25K seems about right (maybe a little more to the right person) as a "sold" price.

It wouldn't surprise me if you had spent a whole lot more and some might say I'm a little light with the pricing.
    Remember I can't see anything more than the photos show. If it was a L31 Sandman I'd add 10K to my price suggestion.

Good luck with whatever you can get.

P Plater
    thanks for the guide its hard because there is such a great variance in pricing some windowless projects are getting 10k and then theres reasonable daily drivers asking 15-20k ive stopped counting after spending 45k and its still not finished how i want it!

Nice van, it's a pity that circumstances leads you into the position of having to sell it. Based on what you have written and the photos I reckon you shouldn't have any problem at all selling it for $25k, advertise it at $30k and see what Happens.
    All the best with the sale.

Hold onto it.....she's a ripper.

Learner Driver
    How much you want and location please if you decide to sell,

Cheers

Yeah man. If you can hold onto it, then do! Unless youre doing it cos you need cash, then consider putting it in storage for a few years. When you have kids, you will be dying to get out into the shed to tinker (escape), and your kids will like playing in it. Plus its a great getaway for you and the wife when you can get a babysitter. Theyre worth hanging on to. Its not just little kids that need toys! Just some food for thought.

If you have to sell id be wanting no less than 35K
    try building one for that

Thread Information