Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Realising a 40 year old dream....

Breaker breaker this is the undertaker, come back.
    Rubber duck you got your ears on.

Nice, very nice indeed. It is such a good feeling when a dream becomes a reality. ��

That boy is not from maa loins
    sorry your car reminded me of that quote from Smokey and the Bandit

Give it a good test drive Bigrob.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WRaeGGh9DSE
    Last edited by davegmh; 29-03-2017 at 07:33 PM.
    Disclaimer: I am not an expert.

Quote Originally Posted by davegmh View Post
    Give it a good test drive Bigrob.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WRaeGGh9DSE
    After watching that you can see why every 12 year old boy had the dream.
    Sounded tough and "looked" really fast. The reality though was quite different as they were a big of a slug.
    What will all that Californian smog control. They made around a whopping 200hp

Nothing that can't be sorted though!

Thanks for your comments everyone....
    Yeah, it's a bit of a slug but my mate in Black Springs is going to build me a 455 Super Duty for it, so instead of the 185 HP (yeah, same as a 253!) it should have around 450-500 which will stay ahead of most of my local traffic.
    "Parts from Detroit"!.... that was funny.... a shame really about that whole misunderstanding but no, there are a lot of places in the USA to buy Trans Am parts from and I actually have an order in at the moment for some of those little bits like Dome light lens, console trim, sunvisors, etc... from a great supplier in New York.
    I was going to sell a couple of cars to finance this one but couldn't work out what we could do without so at the moment the shed (carport, mates shed....) are all full. When I get my white van back from the painter I'm going to have a big decision to make! I might have to build another shed....

I hope everyone gets to have what they dreamed of.... It's a great feeling after a lot of tough times throughout my life to finally be in a better position to have a few cool things. It wasn't always like this....

- - - Updated - - -

20170317_162720.jpg20170317_162731.jpgLots of chrome and nice bits soon.....
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

By the looks of it I will see it from Mossy Point if you keep buying cars.

Mauser
    “485650 HQ's cant be wrong...”
    “You don’t drive a Kingswood, you make love to it. That’s why nuns only drive Toranas.” - Ted Bullpitt

Mate, you really need to drop in next time you're here....
    Quote Originally Posted by mauser View Post

Mauser
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mauser View Post

Mauser
    Mate, you really need to drop in next time you're in town....
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Great stuff. I remember seeing all those films in the seventies like cannonball run and Smokey and the bandit etc! All those cars seemed soooo cool! Great work livin the dream!

Now if you could just grab one of those seventies chicks like Heather Thomas or Lindsay Wagner from their prime and pop them in the passenger seat.....

Quote Originally Posted by hainzy View Post
    Great stuff. I remember seeing all those films in the seventies like cannonball run and Smokey and the bandit etc! All those cars seemed soooo cool! Great work livin the dream!

Now if you could just grab one of those seventies chicks like Heather Thomas or Lindsay Wagner from their prime and pop them in the passenger seat.....
    Ha Ha!... Yeah, you know what? I've GOT one of those cool 70's chicks and it's because she's so understanding that I've been able to enjoy some cool cars so I'll stick with her. Some of you know Donna and those that do will know what I'm talking about. I'm a lucky bloke... no complaints here!

Thread Information