Thread: HZ lower wishbone bushes differences

P Plater

HZ lower wishbone bushes differences

I have just noticed that the front lower wishbone bushes I got from Resto Country are different. Two have "3 x dimples" (the same as the pic in the Gregorys manual) and the other two do not. Can someone tell me the correct way to install them. Is this something to do with the RTS package? I recall reading somewhere that the dimpled ones go to the rear and the others go to the front of the wishbones. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Learner Driver
    Hi, it's Rob here. Originally HZ (RTS) had 3 dimples on the outside (flange end) of the rear bush and 3 dimples on the other end (non flange end) of the front bush which means the dimples were always facing towards the rear of the car. Over the years the bushes have become rationalized, that means 'one-size-fits-all', (depending on the manufacturer), because the outside dimentions are all the same. If you look closely at the sleeve in the centre of the bush there three different diameters meaning, thicker sleeve, less rubber, all to do with RTS. If you've got dimples on the flange end I'd put them in the rear of the wishbone.

If they are Mackay brand t
    he bush with the thicker centre sleeve goes to the front from memory. Something to do with caster angle.

P Plater
    Thanks. I called Resto Spares and they said the dimpled pair goes in the front. Not sure about mixing them up but will post their response. Cheers

P Plater
    According to Resto Country and my suspension shop (he has a HZ), the dimpled bushes go to the front of the front wishbone and the flat ones go to the rear. So it is a combination of dimples in front and flat in the rear of each wishbone.
    Last edited by Dawso; 02-05-2017 at 07:40 PM.

Thread Information