Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Campers Road Trips

Quote Originally Posted by davegmh View Post
    That Solar Vent Fan looks like the go
    Yes, its got to be the easiest way to install ventilation, fully self contained, no wiring. Just got to make sure you get the cut right. I reckon if placed right you would not be able to see it from beside the car.

Banned
    You need to pressurise the canopy to keep the dust out. On a canvas canopy you have a small flap on the front edge open to let air in while you are driving. This stops dust getting sucked up at the rear into the canopy. Not sure how you would do something similar on that canopy though.
    Tonneau covers are the same on the dirt. You have to take them off or you end up with dust getting sucked up under them around the tailgate.

Week off cont.

So, the last place I saw on my last week off was the eastern side of Lake Awoonga, I had been holding off going here as I had heard it wasn't great. They were wrong

The Dam Wall, to be fair not all that interesting

looking better, beautiful clear water, those are the same mountains from the start of the week off, just the other side

Gotta love a picnic table

From the lookout

Down by the waters edge

BBQ hut

Cant wait to come back here with some friends for a BBQ, what a spot!

Kookaburra

Off he goes

The view from here is extraordinary!

These huts are dotted along the shore, wood fired BBQ's free to use and wood supplied. There is a caravan and camp ground nearby too.

Still learning on videos, a little shaky but getting better

I have a couple more photos but Imgur is down for now so will have to wait for the last couple.

Quote Originally Posted by wbute View Post
    You need to pressurise the canopy to keep the dust out. On a canvas canopy you have a small flap on the front edge open to let air in while you are driving. This stops dust getting sucked up at the rear into the canopy. Not sure how you would do something similar on that canopy though.
    Tonneau covers are the same on the dirt. You have to take them off or you end up with dust getting sucked up under them around the tailgate.
    Hi WB,

that was my hope with the solar vent/fan, I stole the Idea from the ARB canopy. Not sure what sort of flow rate it would need to keep it pressurised? I think those fans are rated for around 33 cubic metres per minute.

Banned
    You won’t need anymore flow than the wind pushing in at road speed. You only need it to be greater than the low pressure at the back of the ute.

I used to put radiator hose with a elbow out from under the tarp to catch the wind to pressurise under the tarp and stop the dust being sucked in

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Beachy View Post
    I used to put radiator hose with a elbow out from under the tarp to catch the wind to pressurise under the tarp and stop the dust being sucked in
    One of my mates used to do that too!(he used poly pipe).

I'm interested in the pressure situation. I'm building a camper at the moment (door at the rear) and its been mentioned to me to put a vent on the roof. Does it have to face forwards to actually have wind driven in (my concern rain could also be driven in- don't say rain what's that") or can it be rear facing?

Out of interest on a panelvan I find that I get fumes in through the tailgate when I have the front window down, but not with all windows up? Almost seems opposite

Banned
    I guess the van relies on the air being forced in through the plenum but when the windows are down it makes the outside pressure the same as the inside pressure so the fumes come in. You can’t pressurise it with the windows down. The vent on the canopy acts like the plenum chamber.
    Just shut the vent in the rain as there won’t be any dust anyway.

Comparisons

Hi All,

there is a ute similar to mine (no canopy) parked up here today and it reminded me of one I had seen a while ago

I had seen this canopy before I brought mine, but at the time they were not making it for the newer model. it is an ARB jobbie, comes with vents, lights, fans etc.
    Personally I think mine looks cooler, better lines/design.

What do you all think?

And the other Ute I've seen today is badged as a HDT Champions series

And I still think mine looks better, mind you I have been eyeing off the Magnum limited edition Utes lately, 6.2L V8 for less than $65,000 brand new! only 240 made.

Thread Information