Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Axistr new project

Quote Originally Posted by Vombil View Post
    has to be 67V unless its a commodore variant C?
    Could be T, V, X or Y that's why I'm asking.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Vombil View Post
    has to be 67V unless its a commodore variant C?

- - - Updated - - -

thats the green one i was talking about. he got Ok money for that all the way back then when they were close to worthless.
    Was it rusty? I thought it was pretty straight. I actually rang him to buy it but it was sold.

Its 67V tan vinyl

Build date is dec 1983 trim code 67v. I haven't pull out the hood lining yet to make sure it genuine factory but it does look like its the original. I have all the parts to put it back together but my mate was going with a HZ front, and the WB guards and front panel are long gone. Tossing up weather to go with HZ or WB. I have HZ tail light assemblies and HZ twin headlight front so the cheapest way to go would be HZ. Decision time. What do you guys reckon.
    Last edited by axistr; 10-06-2017 at 10:24 AM.

Banned
    Obviously I say WB. Everyone else will say earlier series.
    Personally, it's all getting a bit same same with HZ taillights and twin headlight front.
    What do you prefer?

DSC_0169_2.JPGDSC_0170_1.JPGDSC_0168_3.JPG

wbute, Its a bit like a UC Torana, not overly impressed with the WB styling and would prefer the HZ look. The WB radiator support that is currently on the van is rusty and the HZ panels are reasonable good, only one guard need a small rust spot repaired in the lower rear, and the HZ radiator support and front apron are rust free. If I was going to go back to a WB front I would go for the statesman front.

In the mean time I will get some of the mechanicals done first and think about the front panels. I had it up on the hoist today and had a better look underneath. It needs one lower control arm bush, idler arm, sway bar bushes, rear suspension spring bushes and two uni joints so there isn't any big surprises under the van. I have been running the engine from a 5 lt fuel container because the fuel in the tanks is six years old, so today I decided to pull out the tank and clean it out. The old fuel had about the same smell and consistency as wood varnish.

The engine was running on seven cylinders so I decided to give it a compression test first. Bugger number 8 cylinder had 10 psi and the rest has 140-150 psi. I removed the rockers and gave the exhaust valve a hit and the got 60 psi so I will have to pull the heads and reco them. The van also has LPG so I am going to remove the system and run it on petrol only and the Rochester has only just been overhauled. I have a running red 308 in the shed but I think I am better off sticking the original engine. I usually modify the driveline in all my vehicles but this time I am just going to leave it stock for a change. At least the body is in good shape, the doors and body are all in undercoat but I will have to give the roof a good sand pack and re prime as there is a bit of surface rust on the roof. Been sitting to long in storage and the condensation had been working away at the primed surface in my mates shed. On the bright side with all the spares that I got with the car I could build one and a half van.

Being such a rarely built wb I would stick with the wb front and tail lights i reckon the early model tail light are terrible

Banned
    Ah that UCthing is a 2010 furphy.
    They couldn't sell WB's fast enough and they went up in value for ten years after they went out of production

Nothing better than a good wb kingswood

Quote Originally Posted by Beachy View Post
    Being such a rarely built wb I would stick with the wb front and tail lights i reckon the early model tail light are terrible
    Really have you been drinking

Thread Information