Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast

Thread: Axistr new project

Thanks, yep Gene I have to do a couple of things to the hatch. I don't think we are ever finished building our cars. I haven't done much on the hatch in the past ten years, so it's time I put some new wheels on her which is a good excuse to put some bigger brakes on it. Time to crank up the mill & lathe and make myself some parts.

Shortly after leaving my place the pano had a slight hiccup and a phone call from the owner. I grabbed some tools and went down to see what had gone wrong, but started just as I arrived. I felt awful, but it appears for no particular reason it may have gassed up a bit at the lights and stalled. He was soon on his way and drove it 1,500km home with the only problems being the left exhaust flange bolts coming loose and a headlight blown, driving it through the night copping with high rain falls.

Anyway I'm glad the van and new owner made it home safe and sound. I have sent him a link to this forum and told him to check in on this thread so he can see how his new car was brought back to life (which felt like it took me forever). Very nice bloke and wish him all the best. hopefully he will get on here and keep us updated and add content to this great forum, I am sure you will all make him feel welcome. Thanks everyone that has contributed and supported me during this build it was much appreciated. My work here is done.

Regards Lenny.

Thanks Lenny for the time of posted up and sharing some of your skill and trade with us DIY types. Very helpful. Always welcome to share your other rides or builds

Banned
    No worries Lenny, was nice meeting you. Wish I had seen some of your cars in the flesh.

Wow can't believe how quick the time has gone by. I still have an empty spot where the Panno sat. Still miss it but the replacement was defiantly worth it. Bloody weather has been shit and cant get it out as much as I would like, can't believe I have had it for two years already. Just gave it its first service and took a couple of photos and just stared at it while a downed a few JD's.

ASTON SMALL 2.JPGASTON SMALL.jpg

Holy shit thats class
    Do you need another son in law Lenny ??

What a ride. Surely air con. You have to drive that more often. Very classy

Very nice car and garage!

Wow, just wow!
    "Proud To Be An Old Fart".

Quote Originally Posted by Blue victor View Post
    Top quality as always

I'm intrigued by what's under the cover to the left, the length and slope of the bonnet.....hmmm???

Can you share?
    Aaaaaah

Thread Information