Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132

Thread: Axistr new project

Quote Originally Posted by Valencia View Post
    Get a ticket buddy boy

- - - Updated - - -

I might be interested would like to see pics of internal corners
    I got around to striping the paint off the inner frames today to better inspect for rust. One of the doors has previously had one repair on the front lower inner corner. The other door which I knew had rust in the same area. I cut the rust out and made a new weld in corner. Also repaired the other door lower outer skin and welded it in. The lower inner door frame on one door had no rust and the other light pitting. Gave it a hit with rust converter to ensure no further problems. Cleaned up and sanded the rest of the frames and epoxy primed inside and out of both doors. Due to being mostly in bare metal I had to epoxy them so they don't start surface rust. I will hi fill the outer of both doors ready for blocking and I'm done.

DSC_0068[2157].JPG

DSC_0072[2161].JPG

DSC_0066_1[2154].JPG

DSC_0070_1[2159].JPG

DSC_0060[2152].JPG
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]17923[
    Attached Images Attached Images

Finished the doors today. They come up nice and straight and body lines perfect. One coat of high-fill ready for blocking. So back to the original question what are doors in this condition going for these days.

Cheers Lenny.

DSC_0056_1[2150].JPG

DSC_0073_2[2187].JPG

DSC_0074[2185].JPG

DSC_0068[2157].JPG

I'm only guessing but door needing work are going to be 400 odd (before you started on them) , plus the value of the time you put in.

Thanks Sandaro, Ha Ha yes spent two full days on them so don't think I will be getting paid for that time spent, especially on what panel shops charge these days. I still like doing occasional panel work and keep my eye in. As they say their only worth worth what they sell for. However I don't think these doors on evil ebay will be changing owners anytime soon. Are they serious ????????

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/15462375...wAAOSw1DVhOrkK

No more projects. YET

Wow time fly's. Haven't bothered doing any more car retro's, been looking for something that interests me off and on over the past few years but not much excites me. Maybe a Corvette if I can get one for a reasonable price. Miss the panno but the Aston is next level so every time I have memories of the pano I just lift the cover off the Aston, drool a bit and take it for a cruise and forget all about the panno for another few months. Been more interested in karting over the past few years and got back into racing karts with my son in-law. Built myself a nice new trailer. The old box trailer was a pain when we went away racing for the weekend. Built the trailer with a change room area and kitchen cupboards. The kart platforms all fold down flush with the walls when not in use so we can have a sleeping area. Very comfortable foe an old feller.

20220526_163413.jpg 20220710_142720.jpg

20220710_142720.jpg 20220703_173313.jpg

I built the trailer to handle an ATM of 1950kg and have a 1 ton pay load. The top kart is lifted up from the centre kart runners by a remote electric winch controller. When the kart is lifted to the top position I flip up the boards under the kart, then lock them in and load the 3rd kart into the middle position. I can unload and load all karts by myself. Using my kart trolly which I made with wind up scissor style platform from ground level. I use an electric drill to raise the trolley.

20221011_101738 - Copy4.jpg

Nice one axistr!

Well thought out design there and well executed as usual!

Smile

Thanks Damian and Sandaro,

I've had a couple of very busy weeks, so much for semi retirement. I am truly blest to have a one in a million son in-law. My son in-law like myself love go karts and compete in endurance kart racing. Most endurance races are between seven and eight hours. Races over eight hours requires three drivers minimum so we generally enter races with three. Every race we enter is like a Bathurst 1,000 with 12 stop minimum and drivers can't do more than one hour session. Its getting a bit harder lately for me being in my sixties but got to keep up with the young ones.

My son in-law had a work related back injury which unfortunately kept us out of five of the eight rounds this year. However we got podium finishes at the Newcastle and eastern creek 8 hour races. Two weeks ago our last round for the year was at Lithgow which we held down second position for two hours when an over aggressive driver rammed me big time with his kart driven up and over my karts right engine and broke off the right engine spark plug. Limped the kart back to the pits and lost 13 minutes, around 14 laps. (bugger, bugger, bugger). We finished sixth for the day with first place position finished 12 laps in front. But as they say that's motor racing. So we had a pretty good season results considering. Ha ha sometimes I think they only keep me around because I can fix and set up the kart.

OK with the season finished for another year my son in-law called in last week and said to me to pack an overnight bag and we were off for a road trip. An hour into the trip down the Hume Hwy he said we were going to Albury. Thinking a few possibilities and throwing ideas at him eventually I got it, we were invited to Brad Jones Racing for a personal guided tour of his workshop followed by dinner, Brice Fullwood also turned up and we had a couple of lengthy talks about Supercars and racing. Son in-law is always full of surprises, the owners of Middy's electrical turned in the afternoon and during another lengthy talk they told us the Middy's would continue to sponsor our kart for another season. Absolute fantastic day and defiantly a bucket list tick. Can't thank my son in-law enough. More surprises he tells me on the way home that he has put a baby in my daughter, our second grand child is on the way. Still buzzing.

Sorry if it's a bit of a bore read for some but for me it's just a total buzz. The Middy's sponsorship and team which I am very proud off over the past three seasons has existed only because of my son in-law great organization. Thanks Middy's and all our sponsors for the continual support, excellent company's to deal with both on and off track.

20231115_163213.jpg 290005000_5116524405133384_6987781710636070561_n.jpg

BJR.jpg BJR2.jpg

middys3.jpg

Thread Information