Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My other ride-literally

My other ride-literally

Here is my Ducati Superlight, and the Supersport which it replaced (now sold- part of deal with missus). Very enjoyable bike to ride, nice power, excellent handling. Haven't seen many road bikes on here, mainly discussion concerning enduros and dirt bikes. WP_000755.jpg

Awesome bikes i bet they go like a scalded cat

- - - Updated - - -

Had my bike licence for 20 years but i just cant trust myself to buy one

Banned
    Nice!

Does the cook ride too??

Nice bikes.

I got rid of my big ones. Have had CBR1000RR and VTR1000SP1 as well as KTM 640 and 690 motards. The good trips away with the boys just got too expensive. $500 worth of tyres, $200 in fuel,the higher rego, accomodation, food. Then there was the almost inevitable crash where someone was attempting to keep up with the rider that they were never going to keep up with.

Not to mention the speeding tickets.

I spent 4 years as service manager at the local bike shop too. Good fun and got to ride a lot of cool bikes but being around them all day every day can kill the enthusiasm a bit. Still have one road bike in the house. The wife's commuter bike is a WR250X factory Motard. Cheap to run, and still fun enough to have a good ride.

A quick enduro ride on the other hand costs you about $10 in fuel and $20 in wear to the bike with no chance of speeding tickets.

Banned
    Don't know about no speeding tickets.... My Berg is still geared for FINKE and sits on 130 (if you can put up with the wind buffeting) without too much drama.
    Buggered if I know how you keep your license on a road bike though!

Quote Originally Posted by wbute View Post
    Nice!

Does the cook ride too??
    No, she's too short. She has considered a postie though.

My current ride, 1998 GSXR 750. Had been off a bike for 12 years before I got this in Feb 2014.
    11357222_10206787820799165_213918341456107440_o.jpg
    Probably the quickest bike i've had so far. Had my Blade up to 270 but I think this one could be a little quicker.
    BO6 = Rarer then a Sandman

Love the bikes. I will offer a pic of my two rides, a 1990 GSX-R 1100 and a 2008 GSX-1300R Hayabusa. The Hayabusa is fairly insane but I will always love the old oil cooled girl. She's a classic.

Love your bike sandaro. If I bought another bike it'd be the only brand id go for. So freakin slick
    BQZ

Too many twits on the road these days in cages blissfully unaware of what is going on around them, especially here in Sydney. I wouldn't even consider another bike while here but I miss the TL1000R twin grumble. Almost the hardest day of my life letting it go. Was thinking about another 250-600 chookie to commute the 10 minutes to work while we were living in Medowie but never got around to it in the years we were there. Now I commute from NW Sydney to the airport every day and the amount of nut jobs on the road here is way disproportionate to the number of cars on the road. Guess I'm stuck in a car for the time being - purely for self preservation...
    Nunc est bibendum...

Thread Information