Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Rob's HZ Ute Shop Truck....

Lucky you wb ,I reckon Rob would go round it on his bike

Quote Originally Posted by wbute View Post
    Just the pick Rob. It's standard. I can't lower it and get along the gravel roads here. Well not without dragging the cross member and exhaust everywhere.
    The GTS wheels suit the look of the ute. How does it go with the 6 in it? I've never driven one with a 6!
    Ha! Me neither!
    It's a bit of a slug and the Trimatic is slipping a bit in top gear so I need to give it a filter, band adjustment and some fresh trans fluid and then I'll let you know. It accelerates well though so I'm optimistic.... and a 350 Holley is on the cards if it needs it.
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Serviced the Trimatic today.....
    I've never seen so much black crap in the bottom of a trans pan in my life!
    I was so surprised I didn't take a photo, but it was more than 1/8" thick... I don't think it had ever been serviced before.

I haven't driven it yet but it's certainly a lot crisper when changing from neutral to drive or reverse so I'm hopeful it's good.
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Banned
    Nice. It will probably die of shock now.

Quote Originally Posted by wbute View Post
    Nice. It will probably die of shock now.
    I really hope not! This cheap ute is starting to cost more than I planned and I really don't feel like adding a trimatic to the list of replacement parts, but we'll see....

It will be sweet, can't beat the old holden utes. There's not much to go wrong with them anyway.
    "Proud To Be An Old Fart".

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
    It will be sweet, can't beat the old holden utes. There's not much to go wrong with them anyway.
    Fuel or Spark

Master cylinder arrived this afternoon so it's going in in the morning..... then hopefully I'm going for a drive to see how the trans is.

Master cylinder fitted after bench bleeding it.... has fixed my locking-on brake issue. As I'd suspected the fluid was getting behind the plunger seal and then stopping the plunger returning fast enough, causing the brakes to bind.

Trans overhaul went ok, it accelerates well in 1st and 2nd, but seems a bit soft changing into 3rd.
    The strange thing is that if I shift manually from 2nd to 3rd it shifts well.... I haven't quite worked out why yet.

Banned
    Is it a vacuum leak? My brothers VK used to always seem to have a perished vacuum hose stopping it going into third.

Thread Information