Thread: Old Saying Confirmed

Old Saying Confirmed

The is an old saying, "Buyer Beware" and unfortunately my most recent purchase falls into that category. Thank God it wasn't a Sandman.
    Living in Far North Queensland I am fairly reliant on the Internet to purchase items for my project. Last week I purchased four genuine GTS 14 x 6 wheels, which were advertised as having been sandblasted and freshly painted, the photos certainly looked the part. The wheels arrived and they were certainly genuine Holden GTS rims, however the paint looked dodgy.

I thought if I apply a coat of clear they might come up a little better; that is were the dramas began.
    I proceeded to wipe down the first wheel with some prepsole in preparation for painting, only to find that both the black and the silver melted away, leaving the primer exposed.

I contacted the seller regarding the paint that was used and he advised me that he hadnt actually performed the painting, he had purchased the wheels from someone else and had on-sold them to me as is.

Long story short, the seller contacted the previous seller and was advised that the wheels were painted with spray cans purchased from Bunnings for less than $5 a can. I contacted the guy who did the paint and panel on my van and he can paint them in the correct paint and colours for $100 a rim. Adding another $400 to the $1000+ that I have already spent.

Yep, the old saying "Buyer Beware" is certainly true.

Cheers,

Bugger ! What a bummer .

I nearly bought them!
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Your lucky day Big Rob, not so lucky for me. ��

I have some rally wheels been sitting around in the grass for years, thought it would be easier to buy recond ones off eBay. Maybe not worth the risk. Sorry for your bad luck, thanks for sharing

cheers
    Max

Thread Information