Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Got to drive a new GTS R ute today

Quote Originally Posted by wbute View Post
    You would think Holden would bring in a Camaro to catch some of the Mustang market. Maybe they are just scared it will show there is still a strong market for V8 cars.
    I think HSV might be on to that!

Yeah, but apparently the Camaro doesn't have right hand drive capability without a lot of mods.
    I don't like fords and cant see myself ever owning one but in this country at this time they are in the box seat to get a lot of Holden V8 buyers with the maztang.
    Rumours of Chrysler bringing in the Charger or Challenger don't seem to be amounting to much, so Ford will reap the reward.
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

The Mustang is a gutless POS

Yeah, unless you go Shelby or Saleen. Then your up for big bucks.

The 50th Anniversary Shelby Super Snake packs up to 559+kw (750+hp). Based on the Ford Mustang GT, the new supercharged Super Snake is equally capable on the road and the track. Shelby American collaborated with world-class auto giants like Ford Performance, Borla and Wilwood to engineer this next gen Shelby.
    Last edited by jason.ruff; 10-09-2017 at 04:09 AM.

Banned
    Walkinshaw (owners of HSV) currently convert the Dodge Ram to RHD. That involves moulding a new dash, new steering box and cutting and shutting the floor pan. They are capable of doing the same to the Camaro.
    I think from what I have read, Holden and HSV have been surprised (if not caught off-guard) by how the Mustang has succeeded. It is factory built in RHD of course, so it's going to be a cheaper car. It shows that no matter what the greenies say though, Australians want a V8 car.

Converted cars are ridiculously expensive... certainly taking them out of reach for most buyers, a lot higher than a HSV anything, so the mastang is the only viable option for a Falcon/Commodore buyer.
    Holden doesn't seem to want those buyers anymore and I think you'll find in the next couple of years that Holden will fade away and be Opel in Australia.
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

They won't be Opel. Opel has been sold to Peugeot/Citroen in France.
    Last edited by Innuendo; 14-09-2017 at 01:39 AM.
    Selling HJ 253 Engine
    Engine Number QR718*** | 19M5 Clock Casting at 6 O'Clock
    19th December 1975 Suit HJ Late Dec 1975 to April 1976

Yeah, but it is still going to be operating as Opel. The push to change GM to Opel worldwide except in the USA has been going on for a long time. We almost had it happen a few years back in Australia when they started selling cars here as Opels, but the public rejected them so Holden stayed as Holden, but without Holden being built here any more it will just be a gradual fade away from Holden to Opel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Innuendo View Post
    They won't be Opel. Opel has been sold to Peugeot/Citroen in France.

I think I'm with you on the fade away. But Opel won't be the long term supplier to Holden (while ever GM owns it).
    After the sale to Peugeot/Shitgroan the Opel Insignia/Commodore and Astra are only going to be supplied on this model run which has a maximum life span of 5 years (maybe).
    If GM still owns the badge/mark "Holden" after this contract expires GM isn't going to allow a French company to take their profits.

Who would buy Holden anyway? Australia and New Zealand is pretty much the only places who get that badge and Holden doesn't manufacture anymore.
    Future Holden's will need to be GM/Chevrolet (even if re-badged "Holden") if the company is to survive at all. The writing is on the wall!
    Selling HJ 253 Engine
    Engine Number QR718*** | 19M5 Clock Casting at 6 O'Clock
    19th December 1975 Suit HJ Late Dec 1975 to April 1976

Quote Originally Posted by Innuendo View Post
    I think HSV might be on to that!
    confirmed

- - - Updated - - -

hey Gene i have a september - last month built - 2017 SS manual ute. picked it up yesterday. it's off the chain! you still got yours?
    BQZ

Thread Information