Thread: Who is running what brand front shocks?

Who is running what brand front shocks?

Hi everyone.

After 10 years and a whopping 24000 Km (yes twenty four) clocked up, might be time for new front shocks.

I have only ever used Monroe on any car I have touched the suspension on. Might be time to look around at other brands re new technology.

Van is: 76 HJ. 350 Chev, Turbo 400.
    Whole original front end replaced with RTS front end from a HZ Statesman.
    Current springs are blue and are Super/Ultra low, (stupid low).

Any suggestion on Monroe, Koni adjustable, Ultima, SuzukiSuper4x4.

Whats your experience with these?

I was only going to do the front as the KYB's in the rear have done no work, rarely have a load in or tow a trailer.

Thanks.

If its only a road car Monroes are fine dont waste money on expensive shocks unless you need to
    never had a problem with Monroes been using them for years

I’ve got the Koni adjustables. Can’t give you any feedback yet as I haven’t driven the van since they went in. Mate of mine put them in his WB ute though and it drives like a dream.

Thanks Valencia and playwme.

I have never had an issue with Monroe been using them for many years.

Last time I took the van for a long drive to Taree, I had a little too much air in the tyres, thought my kidneys were going to bleed with the harsh ride.

I thought something built specifically for lowered cars might be better. She is a little hard a ride as you would appreciate even with correct pressures in the tyres.

Only a small amount of K's but I do a lot of local driving.

I was thinking short Monroes for lowered cars or Konies on the softest settings.

Great info,

Thanks.

Banned
    The Konis look like they would be good but it looks like you have to remove them to adjust them! I guarantee you will never do it!
    If the coils are chopped, no shock will make it ride smooth. Shocks don't carry load.
    You can't swap RTS over to an earlier chassis. The control arms are the same. The mounting point for the shock is different and that's part of the chassis.
    I would reckon as long as the shock is gas filled it should be ok. The gas stops the oil foaming and the shocks fading.
    Last edited by wbute; 22-10-2017 at 12:58 PM.

Thread Information