Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thank You & Farewell

Thank You & Farewell

Hi everyone, as we approach Christmas holidays and the new year of 2018 I wish you all the best and I'm also here to announce that I will be leaving the mysandman community.

It has been an amazing 8 years since I started this little project called mysandman.com.au and never thought we would build a community so large and passionate around a Plumbers car from the 1970's.
    The idea for the site came from a lengthy thread on another car forum, there seemed to be so much information and interest in the Sandman that I felt it needed a dedicated forum to hold the knowledge, history and questions.

I had computer at home which I set up to build the website and forums, and for the first 2 weeks the forums would be available only when I turned on the computer - there was no way Mrs Blocker would allow the PC to run 24/7 chewing through electricity. Also whenever I checked my emails the mysandman forum would go offline because the computer couldn't handle the stress!

Anyway emails flooded in from some awesome community people like Valencia, Stickthis and Absinth who would help me put content together and provide us with information. Within the month we had grown from a small group of 4-6 people to 200 members and I had to find a dedicated 24/7 solution for the site. Now the forum is hosted on dedicated servers in Sydney and Melbourne.

With facebook, Youtube and other platforms including the forums we have over 13,000 people in this Sandman community, we have been been in books, magazines television, radio and even short films. We've put people and cars in contact with Underbelly, Coke, Chiko, Dulux, Puberty Blues and many other organizations and all I can say it's thanks to such a great and supportive community.
    We have been copied, hacked and even appear on forums in Russia, Poland, France, UK, USA and many other countries. Who would have thought it?

2017 has brought its challenges and victories for many of us, for me I will step away from the community and help Alien DNA and his team from the Sandman Club of Australia to manage all aspects of the mysandman.com.au brand.
    We have agreed that the forums, website, facebook and all other mysandman presence will not change its goal of maintaining historical data and helping the restoration community.

I cannot thank you all enough for the great support you have been to me, and I cannot even mention everyone that has had an influence on me however a big thanks to;
    Valencia
    Absinth
    Stickthis
    Ozbox
    Rodney and Jenny
    Alien
    Goatman
    Taily
    Byron
    Agro

Finally please support the new team to continue building this great community, stay healthy and have a great 2018.

Cheers
    Blocker.

All the best.
    Disclaimer: I am not an expert.

Yeah mate, all the best!
    Selling HJ 253 Engine
    Engine Number QR718*** | 19M5 Clock Casting at 6 O'Clock
    19th December 1975 Suit HJ Late Dec 1975 to April 1976

Hi blocker.
    I would like to say that what you have done over the last 8 years has been totally amazing.
    The Sandman community owes you a great deal. This site has been a inspiration to not just me but to so many others.
    The people that I have met and the club that came from it, will insure that your hard work will not go waisted.
    I for one will work at making this site one where people can come and get a wealth of knowledge and information, at the same time have some fun. I do hope you will visit us from time to time. Even just to make sure we are doing your site proud. On a personal note I would like to wish you and your family good health and good luck for the future, we are all your friends and Sandman family. You will always be BLOCKER. Merry Christmas and a safe, healthy and prosperous new year.

BIG News Blocker!
    I’d like to personally thank you for all the work you put in to the site over the years. I have made some great friends from this site and gained much knowledge about Sandman’s which helped me complete the resto on my van a few years back.
    I hope all is well in your world and best wishes for you and your family going forward.

Thanks again mate.

Gaddy .

PS. I’m gonna be in Adelaide from Xmas day for a couple of weeks so if you are keen I’d love to catch up with you and shout you a beer and lunch somewhere.

Blocker.....what an institution you have created. Countless people have been helped......can only imagine how many Sandmans have gotten back on our roads because of your dedicated hard work. For that, thank you doesnt seem to be enough.

The Sandman Car Club know we have BIG shoes to fill.....but one thing has been made unanimously clear.....that your efforts will not go to waste & that it will only go from strength to strength. I have personally recieved messages regarding the forum.....proof that this place has meant much to many of us.

Thank you for helping the club get off the ground...... the Club Charter bears your words of wisdom. Which pushed me and others to see this through to where it is today.... actually wearing a Sandman Car Club of Australia Inc tshirt while typing this!!!! It was something you always wanted, and i'm glad that part of your dream came to fruition. I remember throwing the idea around thinking, "wow that would be cool" ..... and wondering why Sandmans dont have a dedicated club?!?!?! ...well, we fixed that

No doubt we will be in touch and catch up when time is on our side and planets align. For now, heartfelt thanks and best wishes on the next chapter of life..... i know whatever you choose to do, you'll smash it out of the park.

Rock on Blocker

Whoa Blocker.

As one of the early registers I have been on here for a long time too. Very good community.

Thanks for all your hard work and hope you drop in from time to time.

Mauser
    “485650 HQ's cant be wrong...”
    “You don’t drive a Kingswood, you make love to it. That’s why nuns only drive Toranas.” - Ted Bullpitt

thanx for the time, effort, resources and all you have done to preserve these moments for history

As said above.All the best mate.
    Help me

Wow sad to see you go Andrew it was a pleasure having met you and what you have created here it is a credit to your hard work i will always try and help this great Sandman community i to have met people around Australia because of this forum hope this place continues
    cheers Gene.

Thread Information