Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Have your say - What do you want from the forum?

Lightbulb Have your say - What do you want from the forum?

Hey folks!!

As new custodians of the forum.....there has been a few queries as to certain functions that were present previously, that arent now.

Blocker had his reasons for streamlining the forum for a number of reasons.....more for the greater good. Some things like hosting pics ....shoutbox etc etc

Let us know what things you want to see from the forum and we will let you know if we can ...and if we cant, why its not prefered or cant do it.

Dont be shy. Have your say......Lets make it great for everyone

Ivan

I'd like to see thread titles with good grammar...

But seriously, for me I just like the site being here so i can see what others are doing and search for tech tips. I also like being able to record my build and experiences in singular stories, not random posts on FB...even if its taking hundreds of years to progress my build.

Cheers
    Damo

Banned
    Photo hosting on the site is important. A lot of threads have lost all relevance now the photos are gone, like Ozbox’s workshop.
    I think you need to direct people with queries on Sandmans back here from the Facebook page. Any new information on identifying a Sandman that does come up on the Facebook page just gets lost in the noise there. Plus there is so many incorrect answers given on it.
    Other than that, don’t change too much.

The biggest problem was people, myself included, used pic hosts like photobucket.....which are now expecting people to pay huge dollars for the same privilege...thus all the missing pics.
    Us hosting pics will get looked into but there are limitations to that. A viable and practical solution is required... so looking into that as well

Banned
    Yeah it has ruined sites with any historical info everywhere. It shows how unreliable the internet is as a format for information. What are the limitations on hosting photos? I know Blocker said the same thing a few years ago, then managed to resume hosting them.

Firstly, Thankyou for re-establishing my favourite website. A lot of you know how lost I was years ago after my accident and THIS WEBSITE was what pulled me back from the depths of depression. It's also where I met a lot of you and through Rod and Jenny, bought my Sandman.

Now... as mentioned, we need to be the historical leader in all Sandman information and photos are important, sometimes MORE important than written words, so the security of them is paramount. My computer skills are poor, so I have no idea how this can be achieved, but it is the most important thing.

The shoutbox showing all the latest posts was a great thing too... it gave everyone a quick view of the current situation.

Other things will present themselves and I'm sure that the people in charge are capable of dealing with them.
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Well so glad this forum is up and running again and a big thanks to Ivan for taking the job on
    i think this forum is probably one of the best forums on the net and we need to keep this Sandman forum alive
    the info on this site is second to none hope its gets better

We have lost some good members over the years because of trivial stuff
    we need to keep the people with the info on this great site
    otherwise all will be lost

Anyway if i can help in anyway just ask
    cheers Gene.

Absolutely agree for the photos. Vital at times to understanding the thread topic. Resurrecting these images may prove difficult....but there has to be a way. Hainzy informed me that the torana forum managed to somehow get some of the pics back online.....not sure how many, but something has to be better than nothing.

See, thats why some of us have stepped up to keep the place alive.....its a bloody important place to have running....you just dont know who we are helping. If it saves one person (like Big Rob) then the hard work is worth it.Its not always about getting our vehicles back on the road.....theres a bigger picture at work.

Yep, shoutbox thread notifications should happen too. But, please dont say it looks messy and the chats have blurred into thread post notifications, coz that will happen. Its a 'cant have your cake and eat it' scenario.

I have a pet hate...as many others do. Grammer. Nothings worse than not using grammer. Amazing how much a full stop can make everything posted make sense. A 500 word sentence needs deciphering. Please....take your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Alien DNA View Post
    I have a pet hate...as many others do. Grammer. Nothings worse than not using grammer. Amazing how much a full stop can make everything posted make sense. A 500 word sentence needs deciphering. Please....take your time.
    Alien I think Damien was having a dig at your thread title mate!
    Selling HJ 253 Engine
    Engine Number QR718*** | 19M5 Clock Casting at 6 O'Clock
    19th December 1975 Suit HJ Late Dec 1975 to April 1976

Quote Originally Posted by Innuendo View Post
    Alien I think Damien was having a dig at your thread title mate!
    I'll eat my own words then

Thread Information