Thread: Crankshaft pulley

Crankshaft pulley

Hello all.

I am finally fitting power steering in the big girl and was just wondering about the crankshaft pulley.

I have a 2 groove pulley but somebody told me that I should have a 3 groove one because of the positioning of the pump.

I for the life of me cannot remember if it makes a difference.

Any info appreciated.

Cheers

Blue.

Banned
    The two row is nearly impossible to find. Just use a three row as the spacing is the same on all of them. Three row just runs the AC as well.
    Ah just noticed you had the double one. Use it.

Quote Originally Posted by wbute View Post
    The two row is nearly impossible to find. Just use a three row as the spacing is the same on all of them. Three row just runs the AC as well.
    Ah just noticed you had the double one. Use it.
    Cheers

The 2 groove one that is right should sit pretty flat up against the harmonic, ie there is basically no space between the harmonic and the first groove. That first grove is the power steer one, the outer one (closer to the radiator side) runs the alternator and water pump.

HQ-Z and VB-K com pulleys are different. For the HQ-Z, the power steering belt is closest to the harmonic balancer. So use that one. If your power steer pump is not in line, mount it so it is with the spacers so it lines up with that pulley, or make new spacers. Better than trying to use commodore pulleys and figuring out how to mount the pump

Thread Information