Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB: HZ GTS dash

WTB: HZ GTS dash

I have recently purchased a HZ van (Sandman look-a-like) but it still has the Kingswood dash, I was wondering if anyone has a yellow needle GTS dash they would part with.

I have looked on eBay, Facebook and Gumtree but thought I would try here before comiting to one from eBay Facebook or Gumtree.

Does anyone have any suggestions on other sites/ places to look, I haven’t tried any wreckers yet cause I’m not confident they will have anything that old.

Mort

There is a guy on FB thats sells them he seems to always have them cant think of his name atm
    good to see you still got the Torrie Mort

[QUOTE
    good to see you still got the Torrie Mort[/QUOTE]

There seems to be a few Sandman owners with torries on this site Gene

Quote Originally Posted by axistr View Post
    [QUOTE
    good to see you still got the Torrie Mort
    There seems to be a few Sandman owners with torries on this site Gene[/QUOTE]
    Yes most of us are on GMH-T site

Banned
    I reckon the only wreckers that might have one could be Classic Oz Wreck.
    It would nearly be cheaper these days to buy a car with one in it and swap it or wreck it. Prices for parts is obviously being dragged up with the ridiculously overinflated values of 70’s cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Valencia View Post
    There is a guy on FB thats sells them he seems to always have them cant think of his name atm
    Can you put up this contact if you remember him, please..... Im after a speedo needle (yellow), talk about looking in the preverbial haystack!
    or if anyone else has an idea where to find a damaged speedo with a needle still intact

cheers
    Max

Banned
    I have a heap of spare parts for GTS clocks, I will see if there is a Speedo needle in amongst it when I get a chance. Unlikely though.

thanks for that

Leadfoot
    I have a white and a yellow needle one spare I think, will dig them out see what there like, think I have a Hq one as well?

Hi Gene and Lenny, have had a bit on lately and forgot about this post, Yeh still got the Torana, would end up with a divorce if i sold it.

I picked up a dash but not sure on the speedo, is it suppose to have a trip meter and odometer or just the odo, the car is a 79 model, i will still keep an eye out for a better dash pending the Ministers approval. The guy i got the dash off also gave me a HX GTS harness from the headlights to the gauges

Something i didn't think about is the swap, is it a straight swap, does the gauge harness plug straight into the Kingswood one or will i need to use the GTS harness.

I will get around to doing a thread on the van soon, and will have more questions as i fix it up.

Thread Information