Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: can windows be removed?

Somewhere I recall hearing that someone was considering glueing (cant figure if that is a word) repair panels in a vehicle. Not sure in what context, Sunroof, windows, bonnet scoop, gas filler hole or whatever. But the conversation went, its amazing what glues are available nowadays. Has anyone seen or heard of glue being used?

cheers
    Max

As has already been mentioned it can be done, but if not done properly the cost of repair is going to be astronomical.
    Side windows aren't so bad, I'd certainly buy a van with windows if it ticked every other box.
    It does depend on the colour though, some van colours look good with side windows while others, not so much.
    Don't let windows stop you from buying an otherwise great van ..... buy it and enjoy driving it.
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

AS mentioned. Our van is for sale and has had the windows welded back in. Here is an original post (http://www.mysandman.com.au/forums/s...alencia-Orange) discussing the issue with some pics of our van getting done. Need to find an expert and it will cost $$$.

If done well it will last forever and be as new. I would challenge anyone to be able to tell on our van by looking at it in person.

Just install some tinted bubble windows for the best look.

https://www.facebook.com/retrozibubblewindows/

PVAN.jpg
    Last edited by jason.ruff; 29-12-2018 at 02:44 PM.

My two bob's worth. .
    I guess some people take out sun roofs to get filled in. .
    I guess some people replace panels ..for rust or dented up..
    Not all panel vans are perfect and need repair..
    If you are determined to go windowless just be sure it's done properly and have no regrets.

I had 2 windowless vans and thought that it was the be all and end all but, my wife talked me out of filling these in and I am glad.

We don't need "privacy" lol, too old for that.

foreshore plate removed.jpg

Both jason.ruff and HJ_Blue_Van have great examples of why some vans look great with windows.... I'd proudly own either and wouldn't be considering changing them.
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Rob View Post
    Both jason.ruff and HJ_Blue_Van have great examples of why some vans look great with windows.... I'd proudly own either and wouldn't be considering changing them.
    Thanks Rob.

Thanks Rob. Unfortunately this van is not mine, it was taken from the website as an example. I am currently vanless having sold off both my HQ vans (non Sandmans ) to make a start on my HQ ute. Cant believe how much prices have gone up over the last 5 years. Will continue to look for my unicorn.

Thread Information