Thread: Recaros and seat conversions for WB panel van

Learner Driver

Recaros and seat conversions for WB panel van

Hi there everyone. I am very new to here and looking forward to chatting with people as my wb panel van project progresses. Im currently at the stage of looking at seat options. I plan on removing the bench seat and converting to a bucket seat option. Mod plate will be done and van will be registered upon completion.
    Seat options i am considering are:
    aftermarket: RECARO Ergomed E
    vy ss commodore conversion (if possible)
    wb statesman bucket seats if all else fails.
    Has anyone done Recaro or commodore seat conversions in a wb panel van or ute that maybe be able to give me some advice? what ever option i do will be done to the correct standard with safety and insurance in mind.
    Regards
    Jon

Banned
    My brothers WB ute has Recaro seats in it. I am fairly sure they fitted WB runners onto the Recaro seats.
    I know in NSW they changed the rules and fitting factory bucket seats into s car that was originally available with them, meant you didn’t need an engineer certificate.

Learner Driver
    i have good wb statesman runners ready to go. My statesman bucket seats look ok but the foam is total gone and they need a full make over. If the recaro seats are an easy conversion i would certainly consider doing it. At this point of time cost is high which ever way i go. I also have two good vy ss commodore seats tucked away but no idea if they would work or not. Thankyou for your reply

Banned
    Yeah sorry, my mistake, they were SAAS seats, not Recaro. We are talking 25 years ago so maybe things have changed too.

Thread Information