Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vintageair A/C Installation

Thanks PJ350

Awesome thanks for that again
    Will keep this for the future.

Cheers Kiwivan
    It is not about the journey,It is the style we travel in!

This job is going to do my head in when it comes the time i think im going to leave it to my auto electrician he can rip his hair out .

Question ,i have just stripped my van for a resto at what stage would the aircon system be going back in im thinking of going Vintage Air
    i am doing a full resto so will have an empty cab any idea when is the best time to install
    cheers G.

If its stripped out, now is a good time. If you follow the instructions above its not too difficult. Whilst its all apart its a good time to redo all your wiring and run all the required hoses and brackets.

I would Trial fit all the interior components, so you drill holes & mount everything before any painting. Then fit it again as the interior is going in. The engine bay stuff & compressor mounts will be more a trial & error when the car goes together. There are different brackets to mount compressor depending on personal choice of what looks good, and what sort of compressor you are using.

Yeah true on trial fit, especially firewall. I recently did factory air to my panel van and ended up having to punch new holes in the fire wall that i didn't see coming.

Thanks guys sounds daunting to say the least but im a very long way off before install so im sure i will come back to this thread one day in the future

Cruiser
    Hi HX I would be interested in one of the stickers for the controller, I did the same thing with original controller housing and have been looking for an original looking sticker, let me know if you have any left and a price please
    Cheers Anthony

I have a complete HJ statesman set and took to my local and they told me it was to hard for them !

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingcoffee View Post
    I have a complete HJ statesman set and took to my local and they told me it was to hard for them !
    You would be hard pressed to find someone to fit one for you. If you fitted it up maybe they would get it working for you.
    There is probably a full days work just installing the factory system.
    I doubt they would fit a vintage air system either though.

Thread Information