Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1 inch lowering springs

Learner Driver

1 inch lowering springs

Thinking about putting 1 inch lowering springs in my WB panel van.
    Anyone have pictures of their vans that are lowered 1 inch all round?

7E599D6B-EE97-404A-BF14-42D4B68B23CF.jpeg
    This is ours with just low springs.
    Approx 25-30mm
    At the same time all bushes were replaced.
    Unfortunately this had to be done twice as our Holden dealer stuffed up putting the springs back in.
    So another set of front end bushes and the old girl drives fine

Cheers Kiwivan
    Last edited by Kiwivan; 17-03-2019 at 04:19 PM.
    It is not about the journey,It is the style we travel in!

Learner Driver
    That looks great. Nice van. Sits well.
    Did you lower the back aswell or just the front?
    I am thinking about kings springs and koni shocks. What brand of springs did you go for?
    Most people tell me that it is fine to lower the van 1 inch with out compromising the ride and handling. This is something that is important to me.

C6D4A38D-6694-416D-A08E-4180AB10BBAD.jpegKing springs,and KYB shocks
    The rear springs I had reset.Do not put lowering blocks in the back,they make for a crap ride.
    And yes she rides really well and as I said all bushes were replaced with rubber,stay away from the other crap.

Cheers Kiwivan
    It is not about the journey,It is the style we travel in!

Sorry Kiwivan
    But I have to disagree with you on the nolathane bushes.
    I think it comes to personal choice if you like a slightly stiffer handling & ride
    My genuine nolathane have been in there since 1998 and have only had the bolts regreased last time I pulled the car apart for paint.
    I think the important thing to remember is that there is a lot off cheap knockoffs out there.
    Regards
    Neil & Cherone

Banned
    The issue with nolathane bushes is the extra stress through shock loading it can place on the chassis. The chassis’s crack with rubber bushes that have some give in them and nolathane has next to no give. They never wear out but there is a trade off.

Quote Originally Posted by panoz78 View Post
    Sorry Kiwivan
    But I have to disagree with you on the nolathane bushes.
    I think it comes to personal choice if you like a slightly stiffer handling & ride
    My genuine nolathane have been in there since 1998 and have only had the bolts regreased last time I pulled the car apart for paint.l
    I think the important thing to remember is that there is a lot off cheap knockoffs out there.
    The nolathane of today is rubbish doesn't matter what brand it is
    mate put it in his Torana the car didnt move for 5 years and the nolathane just broke down and crumbled
    Mckay rubber bushes are the go

These pieces of shit lasted a couple of years but only around 1,200 km. When I complained to the supplier they all passed the buck and wouldn't accept responsibility, saying oh we have since changed from that material. Purchased a new set (different colour RED) and they also failed at around 2,500km. I have used plastic bushes in 4 wheel drive vehicles and trucks with the same results. Every time the manufacturer banging on that "we have moved on with a different type of plastic". I give up using them in any position they take any load or stress. Haven't had any problems with Mckay rubber bushes.

DSC_0039_2[2554].JPG

I had a bad expereince with bushes about a year ago and posted some feedback, pics and a video in another thread http://www.mysandman.com.au/forums/s...-rebuild/page2

Its a year on now and the Pedders rubber bushes are still going well.

To the original question here, my Tonner and Van are both lowered 1 inch and i'm very happy with the outcome. Good look and no steering or handling issues that i can detect.

Cheers
    Damo

Also just casting back the memory I've only ever lowered my hj ute by pedders suspension back in the day and no problems there ..

Thread Information