Thread: 5lt with factory AC in a HQ

5lt with factory AC in a HQ

I have a HQ set up with a 304 out of a VR , I’m am installing factory air but need to know who else has added the compressor and mounting brackets and maybe some tips on install .
    Thanks

Do you have all the brackets, pulleys and bits and pieces? Or is that the bit you need tips on?

I have 304 running in the chassis , i have the three row bottom pulley installed and a power steering unit , I picked up a VN steal compressor bracket which fits correctly but pulls the powersteer pump out of alignment the thickness of the bracket , I just need to know what compressor will fit and if I need to change the power steer pump or if I can move the pulley back on the shaft ?
    Last edited by outlaw67; 08-04-2019 at 02:02 PM.

http://www.mysandman.com.au/forums/s...-Woohoo/page23

Not sure if it will help you, but Damo had some issues too. Does have some pics and discussion on what he did starting about page 23

Quote Originally Posted by Sandaro View Post
    http://www.mysandman.com.au/forums/s...-Woohoo/page23

Not sure if it will help you, but Damo had some issues too. Does have some pics and discussion on what he did starting about page 23
    thanks mate

first you need to know what gas your going to use that will tell you which compressor to get a sanden for r134a then you need a bracket for the compressor
    speedyair has the brackets which you use with the hz lower bracket from factory ac .when installing the compressor you will need 4mm spacers for alignment
    to bottom pulley. ok power steering goes onto first groove , second groove water pump alternator , third groove is your ac belt

hope this helps

george

Thread Information