Thread: Factory A/C wiring run help required

Factory A/C wiring run help required

Hi Guys, i need your help with regard to putting back my wiring loom in the car. I didn’t take enough photos of exactly how and where the wiring loom ran. Questions
    1. Where does the A/C wiring and vacuum line run inside the car? Do they run over or under the steering column?
    2. The heater control cable seems to be too short now for some reason, cant understand why? i currently have it run above the steering column which is the shortest path however it doesn’t seem correct. It bolts to the heater control using a 3/16 threaded screw and nut.
    Fred
    1975 sandman ute mandarin red, L31, M21. (Current resto)

Someone must know the answer aint we got an auto sparky on here ??

Try this pic of WB vacuum hoses and heater cable. Not sure if it suits other models, but i'm guessing factory air was not too different in location of heater and vacuum valves etc. With regards to the heater cable, something is telling me that it was two sections put together. Not 100% sure though.

WB AC Vacuum and Heater cable.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

No...scratch that. I just remembered that older models had their A/C controls on RHS of steering column. WB pic may not be helpful, but i will leave it up in case.

P Plater
    This is probably sorted by now but I have just threaded my control cable through the steering column. With the controls set to off connect the cable and then use the winder in the cable to adjust length to the bolt location.

- - - Updated - - -

Can anyone tell me where the vacuum tube goes through the fire wall, it's the one with the check valve in it on the motor side. My gromet that has the wiring loom only has room for one tube so where does the vacuum tube go through?

Learner Driver
    Just completed the reassembly of all of my Ac system, vacuum lines go through a large round grommet next to the ac evaporator housing practically in line with the passenger side rocker cover, there are two vacuum lines, one for the vacuum heater tap and second one with the non return valve goes to the inlet manifold near the dizzy

P Plater
    Thanks. That's what I thought but it does not look like there is a hole in the grommet for it. I have the wiring loom and a single vac hose through it. I may have to get the drill out.

Thread Information