Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Indicator stalk and wiper motor

P Plater

Indicator stalk and wiper motor

A couple of random questions for members. How do I remove the end of the indicator stalk? Is there a plate between the preslite wiper motor and the firewall? I know there is a rubber spacer, but my parts manual shows a plate as well.

Yes there is a plate between firewall and wiper motor

P Plater
    Thanks V. I cannot find a pic of it. Looks like about 5mm, I think I can make one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawso View Post
    A couple of random questions for members. How do I remove the end of the indicator stalk?
    HQ-HJ: Remove the steering wheel and remove the Phillips head screw that holds it on. Then slide out the hole.
    HX-HZ: Remove the steering wheel and remove the Phillips head screws (3?) that holds it in place and then unplug the wiring from the column and pull the whole thing forward to remove working the wiring through.
    Selling HJ 253 Engine
    Engine Number QR718*** | 19M5 Clock Casting at 6 O'Clock
    19th December 1975 Suit HJ Late Dec 1975 to April 1976

P Plater
    Thanks but I just want to remove the plastic bit of the end of the stalk. I know it comes of but how?

Are you talking a simple indicator only stalk (HQ/HJ) or a later multi function one that does high beam etc as well. If its the simple one the end (last inch or so) just screws on as far as I know

P Plater
    Mine is a HZ, so multifunction I assume. You can push it down and turn it clockwise and anticlockwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawso View Post
    Thanks V. I cannot find a pic of it. Looks like about 5mm, I think I can make one.
    I will grab a pic and thickness tomorrow for you i just took mine off the other day

P Plater
    Thanks V. I did a search through my spares and found one, happy days. I'm still not confident getting the end of my indicator stalk. Don't want to break it. I need some more advice.

Never done it, but I've seen these in pieces & with different coloured knobs on them, so they definitely come apart. Im sure the little cap on the end of the multifunction switch pops out, (I would use a pik tool, or point of a test light). When the end cap is off, you can see little fingers or claws holding the twist bit on to a shaft, if you push the claws apart, the knob will come off.

Good luck
    Max

Thread Information