Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: HZ Ute, is it a Sandman?

[QUOTE=Valencia;115514]Restore and keep Blair I've had mine a long time and one day i want to hand it down to one of my kids[/QUOTE

That's what I'd like to do as Well..
    It seems like I might be handing over work to do ...
    Every now and then get some interest tho..

Cruiser
    check under carpet for paper work go the utes

Learner Driver
    Just out of curiosity, what would be the ballpark estimate of selling value of this car as is? And value if restored...

Door handles are black underneath that paint by the looks. If i was buying i’d be happy with it being a Sandman.

If you’re looking for maximum cash, sell as is. Easier for authenticity and restorations cost a bomb, even if you do most of the work yourself.
    Most guys restore for the love of it, not for the money.

Quote Originally Posted by blair View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what would be the ballpark estimate of selling value of this car as is? And value if restored...
    Well to give you an idea there is a Sandman ute for sale in W.A. atm for 38K its been on the market for a while now
    its a good looking unit but just not selling

To restore your ute the correct way you better have 40K plus at least unless you can do some of the work yourself

Banned
    As is? No way to know without better photos. The fact you only have some evidence it’s a Sandman and no written proof will have an effect. I wouldn’t like to guess really.
    As for in restored condition, if you have to pay someone else to do it I doubt you would make any money being a ute.
    There have been a few basket case Sandman utes for sale for under 15k that don’t seem to get sold.

Was talking to mr reality... with all the bling it's got still ( even the nose cone) ..
    Guess it's depending work on the body that needs doing .. by the look of the interior it wouldn't be a great deal ... Just get it registered and put it on the road ...for how often you drive it ..
    enjoy it for what it is . It's got character.
    Last edited by pj350; 18-08-2019 at 12:58 PM.

My guess as is would be between 5k & 10k, depending on body condition. Very rough guess & might get more, or struggle to get close. Original paperwork would be great to have with the sale. You really won't know till you put it up for sale.
    If it was me, the vehicle being owned since new in one family, I wouldn't sell it.
    Also as already said, you won't get your money back if you restore it, & only restore if you want to keep it.
    Also.... & most important, don't pull it apart, then decide to sell it, a lot of buyers won't look at spending good money on bits & pieces.

Cheers Max

Quote Originally Posted by maxsandman View Post
    My guess as is would be between 5k & 10k, depending on body condition. Very rough guess & might get more, or struggle to get close. Original paperwork would be great to have with the sale. You really won't know till you put it up for sale.
    If it was me, the vehicle being owned since new in one family, I wouldn't sell it.
    Also as already said, you won't get your money back if you restore it, & only restore if you want to keep it.
    Also.... & most important, don't pull it apart, then decide to sell it, a lot of buyers won't look at spending good money on bits & pieces.

Cheers Max
    Wise words Max

Same colour as mine! Great ute mate.

As everyone has said, having a family history like that is priceless.

Do all the basics like bushes, shocks, brakes, cooling system etc and if it doesnt need too much done then just get it on the road and enjoy cruising. Your grandparents would be proud!

Thread Information