Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deceased Estate Help Please

Learner Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by maxsandman View Post
    Cutouts in front apron were on G.T.S. sedans & were hand cut out & could be on anything. I remember at the time (late 70s , early 80s) there were heaps on kingswood utes & tonners, getting around, that were dealer delivered with dual headlight fronts, flutes in guards & spoilers.
    Ah ok. Cheers

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wbute View Post
    As a street machine it’s hard to know. It looks like a nice van. Probably better off asking on somewhere like the Magestic Vanners site/Facebook page. They might have a good idea on a van like that.
    As for the XX7 tags, they are a great curiosity but without the chassis they belong to they are collector value. I want saying anyone was dodgy regarding your other tags, just that they probably need to be kept completely separate to the van you have to sell. Sorry, no offence was intended.
    No worries. Ill check out the FB site now. No offence taken mate.

As you guessed, not a Sandman. But given that it is modified being a sandman wouldn't add too much to value anyway. For the most part looks desirable condition (I like the colour too, some might not). I'd put value realistically in the 25-40k range depending on what flaws an actual inspection showed up

Learner Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandaro View Post
    As you guessed, not a Sandman. But given that it is modified being a sandman wouldn't add too much to value anyway. For the most part looks desirable condition (I like the colour too, some might not). I'd put value realistically in the 25-40k range depending on what flaws an actual inspection showed up
    Thanks mate. That’s about where I was thinking so that’s good. It’s actually mechanically and cosmetically pretty good.

Bet he just loved driving that ... on a beautiful spring day
    You say inherited it .... hell there's plenty of nice spring day's left in her... straight to the pool room for me.. even if it's not a sandman... Just a personal
    thing id be taking off those sandman stickers on the guards and that scoop ..
    stepfather
    RIP.
    Last edited by pj350; 26-08-2019 at 01:02 PM.

L20 can't be Sandman in HZ. Just in case there was any doubt. Still a great looking van.
    If you've got any interest in panelvans, this would be your opportunity seeing you can get it for a part price through inheritance.

My guess is the HX Sandman tags are from the car wrecked to build the HZ.
    So the Van is not a Sandman. I'd value it at $22 to $27K as it stands based on the market I follow.
    Of course that is dependent on actual real running and body condition.

It looks a nice ride and more suited to the custom Van buyers market.
    Selling HJ 253 Engine
    Engine Number QR718*** | 19M5 Clock Casting at 6 O'Clock
    19th December 1975 Suit HJ Late Dec 1975 to April 1976

Learner Driver
    Thanks everyone for the response. This is about what I thought. But wasn’t sure.

Does anyone know of any company’s that do valuations on older muscle cars etc?

Maybe try VIP classis car services, they have a valuation service. Google them for info.

Beauty looking van

Cheers Kiwivan
    It is not about the journey,It is the style we travel in!

Surely Shannons would do a valuation service.

I’d agree with that 25-40k as stated earlier,depending on the quality of the restoration. It sure looks the business.
    I guess for you it all comes down to whether the sister is happy or not. Family dynamics pretty much outstrip anything else. It’ll be hard for you to enjoy it if she feels like she got the short end of the stick. Looks like you’re on the right track though with an independent valuation.

Thread Information