Thread: 15 Inch GTS Rims

15 Inch GTS Rims

Has anyone fitted the Pontiac Rallye rims to the van? are the the same as a HQ-HZ GTS rim?
    Alternatively someone mentioned there as a place place in Melbourne that can fit 15" rims to 14" GTS centers. Does anyone know who does this?

Are you talking about the steel ones mate of mine has them on his ute they are pretty much the same as GTS rims

Greg @ classic oz wreck, or Byron on fastlane site will be able to give you an accurate answer. I'm sure there's only minimal differences, I think the holden centre caps fit.

Can't remember the wheel place I was recommended to fit 15" routers but ring Dragway, they will suggest someone. You have to use the early wheels, that have the weld exposed on the inner side of the wheels, as opposed to the later HJ - HZ wheels that are spot welded. They are too hard to separate

I have 14 x 4 1/2 & 14 x 8 G.T.S. Wheels done at home, just got a stub axle, welded some heavy angle & flat bar to it, so it can be set up in a vice to spin wheels. The first wheels I did just angle grinder the welds away. Got tired of that, so next set took wheels to engineering shop to lathe the centres apart. For wide outers, used new sunraysia wheels (about $45) & for narrow ones, went throu wreckers & got skinny 70s jap car wheels. Set up on stub in vice, tried offset til happy, then tack in place & took to engineer with boilermaker ticket to weld up. Have another set of G.T.S. Wheels separated waiting to do one day. Have also done commy chasers & 15 x 10 falcon S pack rims the same way.
    Cheers Max
    Last edited by maxsandman; 04-09-2019 at 10:24 AM.

Thread Information