Thread: Holden HZ Sandman Replica.

Holden HZ Sandman Replica.

For sale is my WB windowless Panel van. The van left the Holden assembly line in November 1983. This Panel van was factory optioned with the same specs as the HZ Sandman but is more rare than a HZ sandman. However I fitted the HZ rear lights and front when I recently restored the Van. The original drive line and GTS interiour still remains in the van.

The Van had bugger all rust and only needed stripping back to bare metal and a couple of minor dents. There is bugger all body filler in it as most of the repairs only needed Hi-fill and blocking out. The body is extremely straight and has been painted in PPG 2pk Impulse Blue base paint and cleared. I have been right through and either rebuild or serviced all mechanical components. The van really didn't need much doing to it but due to being in storage for many years I removed the engine and fully reconditioned it including rebore, new flat top pistons, new cam and lifter, reco heads, Carby, water and fuel pump, new radiator. Front and rear brakes have been rebuilt including new master cylinder, calipers, rear drums, wheel bearing and seals, and the extensive list gets very long. Everything on the car work and works properly, no expense spared. Drives and looks like a new car. I have many photos of the car throughout the build in detail which can be viewed in my build thread on this site.

Factory spec and options:

WB window less 2 seat with GTS option pack.
    Build date: 11/1983
    Engine: L36 253
    Trans: M20
    Diff: 10 bolt L.S.D
    Steering: Power steering.
    Trim: full headlining.
    Speedo: 142,200km

Sale price $52,000 ono

Call Lenny 0417678066

IMG_0275 (2).JPGDSC_0093[3233].JPGDSC_0193[3532].JPGDSC_0020[1254].JPGDSC_0188[3529].JPGDSC_0190[3535].JPGDSC_0294[3862].JPGDSC_0326_2[3914].JPGDSC_0325_3[3916].JPGDSC_0008_1[1772].JPGDSC_0009_1[1771].JPG

Learner Driver
    Hate to drag up old threads but did this beauty get sold? Im in the market for a van like this or something very similar.

Yes long gone

Learner Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by Valencia View Post
    Yes long gone
    Cheers mate,, thought id be dreamin.

Thread Information