Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Van Nationals in Parkes 2020

Van Nationals in Parkes 2020

Hello All

Its been a while since I have been on the forum, mainly due to the fact we are not restoring any current Sandmans,and we are now Grandparents, we still drive our Yellow van regularly and recently drove up to Charters Towers, for the Van nationals last Easter. Our Green show van "The Player" is still going to a few shows, and will be present at the 2020 Van Nationals. Rodney and I are running this together with our Car club, who are behind us, and some of our other vanning enthusiast friends. I am going to post up an entry form, and you can also down load from the website. We still have our ute, and of course Rob is driving the wheels off the Madeira red van he bought from us 5 years ago.
    For some reason I can't upload the entry form, so you can get it from our van nationals alternatively email us rodney@barnesparkes.com and I will send you the entry form.

The show is on Saturday not the usual Sunday, this gives us a chance to add up the judging sheets, and allows vans which have been polished up for the show, to be driven on Sunday out to the Dish for our run. There is plenty of water powered sites, and pavilion space for displaying for an extra $30 per van. There will be food and coffee carts available all weekend, as well as the included meals. We hope to see you all there in your vans, or just come down for a fantastic weekend away looking at Sandmans, panelvans, large vans,and classic cars.

Cheers Rodney and Jennie

https://vannationals.com.au/
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Thanks for posting, grandma Jennie, for us Facebook non believers

Anyone on here planning on going/entering?

I'm about 95% sure I will be there.
    90% chance in a van
    50% chance of being in my van.

As much as i would love to go i dont think i will make it

Hello all
    Parkes 2020 Van Nationals – POSTPONEDDue to circumstances out of our control we have had to postpone this years Van Nationals. As you can all appreciate these are unprecedented times and we are being guided not only by the health authorities, government and council but also by our duty of care not only to you as visitors but also our volunteers and surrounding community. The Showground Committee president has advised that the Show Ground is no longer available and ‘The Dish’ is closed until further notice. On a positive note we have been able to confirm that Parkes will now host the 2020/2021 Van Nationals on Easter, April 2-5, 2021. All pre-entries will roll over to 2021, if a refund is required we will need to sort out percentage returned in the days to come. We will continue to update and inform everyone in the coming days and months with other information as it is decided and comes to hand. We will also send a group email out to all pre-entrants soon.We are all gutted and sad we wont be spending Easter with the Vanning family but appreciate everyone’s understanding and support and now strive to make Parkes Van Nats 2021 bigger and better!!
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Well it's all a bit sad really.
    Hopefully next year this disruption will be sorted and we can bring all the Vans together.

Don't forget to send our T-Shirts!
    Selling HJ 253 Engine
    Engine Number QR718*** | 19M5 Clock Casting at 6 O'Clock
    19th December 1975 Suit HJ Late Dec 1975 to April 1976

Thank God it's not on.... I was looking at going in a Ford van!

Yes, unfortunate, but they had no choice with all the dunny paper shortage.

Its not good news but hey my local pub shut today
    talk about a crisis

very sad I know how much work you all have done to organize this event. Next year I will be there for sure.
    I might take a road trip to Parks this Easter, if permitted.

So we are full throttle ahead with van nationals 2020/21 if borders are open and the government allows we will do this year what we meant to do last year. Hoping everyone can come that planned on coming last year, and perhaps there maybe some lockdown projects completed. Ring me if you need to know anything guys and girls 0428622681
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Thanks for the update, Jennie

Good luck for the event to go ahead with all the hard work that has been put in

Thread Information