Thread: How to blee concentric clutch

How to bleed concentric clutch

Hi All,

Just fitted a Mal Wood Hydraulic Clutch and Concentric Slave Cylinder.

Im having a hard time bleeding it. Iv'e tried to crack the release valve and pumping the clutch but the reservoir is so small it runs out of fluid after 2-3 pumps of the peddle.

I also tried just gravity feeding it but no luck either.

Appreciate your thoughts

Reservoir.jpg
    Last edited by HXsman; 24-12-2019 at 11:00 PM.

I've a different system, but I seem to recall having to crack the top of the pipe near the master to clear an air lock before being able to successfully bleed the rest of the system

I have used two methods. 1 fill the resivoir and leave it for around half an hour. Then keep pumping the peddle all the way down and all the way up quickly. After twenty odd pumps stop for around a minute. Repeat the process three to four times. If the method is working you should start to feel a little bit of pressure towards the bottom. If so keep repeating the pedal pumping method until you have a good pedal feel. If this doesn't work. Method 2, find an old plastic bottle (small coke bottle is a good start) make sure is clean and dry inside. Find a piece of vacuum hose or similar plastic hose that will go over the bleeding nipple at the concentric bearing. Make sure it's a nice fit. Drill a hole in the screw on bottle cap so you can put the hose into the bottle. Again make sure the hole in the cap is a snug fit for the hose. Half fill the bottle with clean brake fluid. Open the bleeding nipple turn the bottle with fluid upside down and put the hose on the nipple. Lightly squeeze the bottle this will force the fluid in and push all the air and eventually fluid into the master cylinder. Its generally best having the resivoir empty first. Get someone to keep an eye on the resivoir fluid so it doesn't overflow. I find this is the best way to bleed the system if conventional methods. Once the fluid level has reached the maximum mark close the nipple while still squeezing the bottle. Remove the hose and check the pedal operation. If you can't get the fluid to rise in the resivoir you pedal rod will be riding and you need to check things.

Banned
    Maybe try an old dirt bike trick. KTM and Husaberg lose pressure in the front brakes. Try pushing the clutch pedal to the floor, put a brick on it and leave it over night. There may be an airlock that will bleed out over night.

Thread Information