Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How good is your son in law.

How good is your son in law.

Ok how do you guys get on with your in laws. Over the past ten years i haven't had the old go kart out very often. Last year my son in law decided to buy a Kart and convinced me i should dust my kart off and get back into karting. I have spent the last six months setting up his kart and showing him a few tricks to get the lap times down. Both our karts have 125 Rotax engines. His kart is five years old and mine is a teenager (nineteen). Anyway it looks like I have done to good a job setting up his chassis and engine and I no longer have an edge over him, and its neck and neck out there and its a real challenge on the track now. Of late we joke over conversations who is going to win the next race. We also comment how cool it would be to have a gearbox kart.

Last week I got a text saying did I want to go to our local kart track on Friday. My son in law is self employed and rarely takes a day off during the week. However I am always up to the challenge and jumped at it as there generally isn't anyone at the track during the week, and I just put on new tyres,,,,challenge on.

When I turned up to the track the son in law had most of our pit gear out and set up. Then he asked me to help him get the karts out of the trailer. When I opened the rear door there was an extra kart in there, and it was a gearbox kart. I said WTF is going on here, he said its yours. He found a kart and bought it for me, almost teared up. He did a four hour drive just to pick it. Super impressed, just so luck to have a great son in law that I get on so well with and can spend some quality time with.

P.S the kart is Sooo Fast, Its as good as it gets and is as quick as my brain can go. 0-100km just over two seconds.😁

DSC_0252 - Copy.JPG
    Last edited by axistr; 12-07-2020 at 11:25 AM. Reason: photo

Banned
    Unreal! Nice to read a happy story! Thought it might have been going the other way lol.

Good stuff Lenny
    best to be on good terms these days
    lifes to short

Nice cart

Nice story. Happy families can be hard work...sounds like you've got a good one!

Quote Originally Posted by axistr View Post
    Ok how do you guys get on with your in laws. Over the past ten years i haven't had the old go kart out very often. Last year my son in law decided to buy a Kart and convinced me i should dust my kart off and get back into karting. I have spent the last six months setting up his kart and showing him a few tricks to get the lap times down. Both our karts have 125 Rotax engines. His kart is five years old and mine is a teenager (nineteen). Anyway it looks like I have done to good a job setting up his chassis and engine and I no longer have an edge over him, and its neck and neck out there and its a real challenge on the track now. Of late we joke over conversations who is going to win the next race. We also comment how cool it would be to have a gearbox kart.

Last week I got a text saying did I want to go to our local kart track on Friday. My son in law is self employed and rarely takes a day off during the week. However I am always up to the challenge and jumped at it as there generally isn't anyone at the track during the week, and I just put on new tyres,,,,challenge on.

When I turned up to the track the son in law had most of our pit gear out and set up. Then he asked me to help him get the karts out of the trailer. When I opened the rear door there was an extra kart in there, and it was a gearbox kart. I said WTF is going on here, he said its yours. He found a kart and bought it for me, almost teared up. He did a four hour drive just to pick it. Super impressed, just so luck to have a great son in law that I get on so well with and can spend some quality time with.

P.S the kart is Sooo Fast, Its as good as it gets and is as quick as my brain can go. 0-100km just over two seconds.��

DSC_0252 - Copy.JPG
    that is such a great story ...

Thanks guys, I am so lucky to have two great kids. I can only remember yelling at my daughter once in her entire life time, never had an ounce of problem with her. My son has also kept away from all those problems that many young kids get into these days. However my quality time spent with my son generally involves me working on his car.

More good news, my daughter and son in law invited the wife and I out for dinner on the weekend end hit us with the latest news, we are going to be grand parents for the first time.

I too have fantastic great kids ...
    They are finding the ways of life ...the oldest son has a brilliant beautiful girlfriend the next boy has a girlfriend haven't met yet... and the little gem of a girl well she's to young for any that caper.
    Last edited by pj350; 14-07-2020 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by axistr View Post
    Thanks guys, I am so lucky to have two great kids. I can only remember yelling at my daughter once in her entire life time, never had an ounce of problem with her. My son has also kept away from all those problems that many young kids get into these days. However my quality time spent with my son generally involves me working on his car.

More good news, my daughter and son in law invited the wife and I out for dinner on the weekend end hit us with the latest news, we are going to be grand parents for the first time.
    Congrats Pops

Wish i could say the same about my kids my oldest girl doesn't talk to me anymore been 2 years now

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Valencia View Post
    Congrats Pops

Wish i could say the same about my kids my oldest girl doesn't talk to me anymore been 2 years now
    Bugger Gene, that's a shame. I am very close with my daughter. She is 30 years old now and a real joy to be around. I don't know what I would do not talking to her a least once a week.

Wow hoo, son in law has booked a spot on Friday for another karting practice day.

I guess I will have to think about building a toddler kart next.

Quote Originally Posted by Valencia View Post
    Congrats Pops

Been there and had that happen.
    Mine did come round in the end,I hope that does happen to you also.
    Never give up,and always leave the door open and every now and again just drop a line in.

Cheers Kiwi
    It is not about the journey,It is the style we travel in!

Thread Information