Thread: HZ panelvan chassis measurements

HZ panelvan chassis measurements

Hi all,
    I'm not sure if this forum is still active, so I will give it a try and see what happens. I'm restoring a HX 308, 4-speed panelvan that will be a Sandman tribute car.
    The van had been in a minor accident previously with most of the repairs concealed. When I was stripping the car down, it was evident that the drivers side cab corner had been bent. After removing the chassis and laying it on a relatively flat floor, I notice that the front rails are not level with each other. There is approx. a 2cm difference in the height of them (see the photo). I saw that something was wrong when I took off the radiator support panel which had many spacers on the drivers side but none on the passenger side.
    My question to the experts is does anyone have all the measurements and dimensions for what a straight factory frame should be?
    Thanks.
    Chassis.JPG

If you use the search function on this site and search for 'chassis dimensions' you will see a thread started by hk1837 that has a diagram attached. That will answer your questions. Sorry I can't put the link on my phone

Banned

Thanks WB. The simple answer is they should be level. Most smash repairers would be able to correctly align it

Thanks.

Thread Information