Thread: HJ HX HZ GTS Fenders, Rear quarter panels and bumpers

Learner Driver

HJ HX HZ GTS Fenders, Rear quarter panels and bumpers

Q1. Reproduction Fenders seem prolific for Torana's and in the HQ style but not in the fluted HJ HX HZ style. Are they so unpopular that no one cares to make them or what? The ones that I can find are super expensive and in terrible shape.

Q2. The rear quarter panels made for utes (such as https://www.kingswoodcountry.com.au/...on-rig/2815478), do people use them for vans to?

Q3. As per Q1 Bumpers for HQ and Torana's seem prolific too..

There is a guy in NSW thats presses flutes in guards forget buying genuine ones
    Yes you can use the new quarters for vans
    Last edited by Valencia; 02-02-2021 at 09:20 PM.

Learner Driver
    Thanks, I see the flutes themselves are available. But what about the actual whole panel? They seem difficult to come by second hand even.

- - - Updated - - -

I actually have 1 genuine GTS guard on my van. The side that isn't bent too ha. the other has a weld in panel but it got a tad squished. Again, the amount I care for "genuine" is very low, so long as it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck for me. I don't care to see what's under it's feathers.

The rear quarters of course are the same as vans, but it would be a heck of a job detaching the upper van section first. Has anyone seen this done?

- - - Updated - - -

The bent guard, is it fixable? May be cheaper to pay a panel beater to straighten it than hunt down another one that will probably need work anyway

Learner Driver
    Maybe I was just looking in the wrong place.. these seem right. Not sure why they don't provide them with flutes already in them. The photo doesn't seem to be the complete guard though (the top is missing? and the back doesn't seem to be the right shape?) maybe just a bad picture.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm just experienced enough with panel beating to know that A. It takes a lot of experience and time to do right and B. It's difficult to find someone to actually do the work.
    It hit a roo and crumpled the panel front and has a ripple down the middle. It's not terrible.. but I'm not sure on cost to straighten vs replace.

Cruiser
    you in melb cheers rocky

I recently spoke to muscle car parts in Sydney, (they usually have a stand at all holden day, with Torana & HQ repro panels) & they said they don't have any plans to do HZ style guards at this time

Im sure there was repro gts guards done for HZs a while ago, (I presume the same supplier that did the twin h/l aprons with the rolled area above the grille, copied from the single h/l apron). I wonder if they still have the die stored somewhere?

hello

i have not seen any reproduction hz gts guards unless your talking about fibreglass ones , but have seen from time to time hz front bumpers and standard hz guards in repro
    also seen some really good repro hz twin light supports and some really bad ones. those hz twin light aprons with the kingswood front wrap around are just wrong?

thanks
    george
    Last edited by george; 12-08-2021 at 08:14 AM. Reason: typing error

Thread Information