Thread: SNDMAN vic plates for sale

Learner Driver

SNDMAN vic plates for sale

vic plates SNDMAN for sale
    $20,000 obo
    Alex 0405 213 215

To many zeros

I'm not sure how long personalised rego plates will be an addition to a loved or cherished car. The current authorities in nsw, (the relevant govt dept seems to change its name regularly) seems to think it's a great money spinner, & the annual "donation" (in addition to your renewal) for personalised plates is from $100 up to somewhere around $450 pa.
    I have 2 vehicles on "club" rego @ $46 a year, & with that comes special (somewhat ugly) rego plates. The stigma of the club plates is easy to overcome the more the cost of personalised plates goes up.
    I have 3 sets of personalised plates (one set I have had for almost 40 years, so there is no annual cost on those) but they will probably go as I get more vehicles registered. Currently have 7 regos, & it all adds up!
    I presume other states are similar, although I know in QLD, you can put your own personalised plates on club regd cars
    End of whinge! & good luck for the sale

Do any of these plates actually ever sell?

I have had "SMOOTH" NSW custom plates since 1983 (or whatever the first year was in NSW for these plates). Started at $150 per year plus the original order fee (Now around $500 per year).
    I have had them on offer on MR PLATES for over 12 months with one single enquiry (he wanted then for less than the annual lease fee!). Over the years have also had many personal plates and never had any decent offers.

In NSW the plates are now sold/leased by a private company and it's one of the biggest rorts going.

I'm with you Max, the NSW historical (bike rack) and conditional (tractor) plates in NSW are the ugliest plates they could muster.

Yeah, good luck selling your "SNDMAN" plates at any price. The VIC system is much better than the NSW version though, so you have some chance I guess.
    Selling HJ 253 Engine
    Engine Number QR718*** | 19M5 Clock Casting at 6 O'Clock
    19th December 1975 Suit HJ Late Dec 1975 to April 1976

Over this side of the planet you pay once for plates and thats it

Banned
    Yes personal plates are a rip off, especially as you cant use them on club rego. Actually the whole “club rego” thing sux. If you don’t want to be an active member of a club you miss out. It would make everyone complain if you only got to eat food if you spent your spare time on a farm.

Quote Originally Posted by wbute View Post
    Yes personal plates are a rip off, especially as you cant use them on club rego. Actually the whole “club rego” thing sux. If you don’t want to be an active member of a club you miss out. It would make everyone complain if you only got to eat food if you spent your spare time on a farm.
    Yes, I agree. It took me years of resistance to finally join a club. Only really for the financial reason, My ideas of a (car) club is way different to most others.
    On your farm analogy, which is funny to some, has a lot of merit... I'm gonna have to get a job at a distillery!

P Plater
    Quote Originally Posted by wbute View Post
    Not in SA - no specific club rego plates.

Added bonus, my club (FX-HZ Holden Club of SA) has dropped the ‘active’ requirement. Just need to be a financial member for club rego... which I reckon is more than fair.

Not that it’s really relevant what happens in SA or NSW, given the plates for sale are Victorian.

Its his first post on here.

Tell him he's dreamin'

Obviously fishing

Thread Information