Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Panelvan Side Supports

Panelvan Side Supports

Quick question, are all the side supports in the inside back identical to each other? Looking to get some to replace those removed when side windows put in and just making sure interchangeable with each other regardless of which position they were in?

yes all 6 are the same and are interchagable

go to madfolkengineering they have a collection to suit various models

Banned
    Sounds interesting Sandaro. What are you up to???

Selling HJ 253 Engine
    Engine Number QR718*** | 19M5 Clock Casting at 6 O'Clock
    19th December 1975 Suit HJ Late Dec 1975 to April 1976

Thanks for the replies. They look the goods. I'll be ordering some of those now.

I'm finally getting back to restoring my HJ van. I'd already done the underside, chassis (chassis off) and firewall (probably 20 years ago before marriage, mortgage and kids) and now getting into the bodywork. I'll be filling the windows. It won't be original engine (253 I have the block but rooted), I've got a 308 for it with 4 speed. Has a 3.08 salisbury diff, so will be mostly original appearance, not a show car, just good for driving quality (all parts I have are good second hand stuff that either came off it or I bought along the way)

Banned
    Unreal. Look forward to seeing the progress!

I bought a set from madfolkengineering and they are spot on.

Thanks for the heads up on the madfolk ones. I did order them last week and am waiting for them to arrive.

I am going similar route to you Brett, are you happy with the products used for filling etc (besides being a lot of hard work). I don't have wheel, so I'll be marking out the panels and getting a shop to roll the edges for me, you just use 1mm old rolled steel?

The side supports arrived and they are a fine product.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandaro View Post
    Thanks for the replies. They look the goods. I'll be ordering some of those now.

I'm finally getting back to restoring my HJ van. I'd already done the underside, chassis (chassis off) and firewall (probably 20 years ago before marriage, mortgage and kids) and now getting into the bodywork. I'll be filling the windows. It won't be original engine (253 I have the block but rooted), I've got a 308 for it with 4 speed. Has a 3.08 salisbury diff, so will be mostly original appearance, not a show car, just good for driving quality (all parts I have are good second hand stuff that either came off it or I bought along the way)
    Hey Sandaro. You mention that you have the original 253 block for this van, but that its rooted. What's wrong with it? Cheers

Thread Information