Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What cars would you own. ???

The only reason I didn't put HQ coupe on my list, which in my opinion IS the best looking australian body style, this was what I had in 92, a "wannabe" LE, it only looked like this for about a week, then I bolted dragways on it.

20210802_213522.jpg crappy pic, only one I have, couldnt afford many photos in those days.

Around 2001, it looked like this, yes Blue Victor, orange is a great colour for 70s cars, even though this wasn't original HQ orange!
    Resized_20210731_171101.jpeg
    Resized_20210731_171138.jpeg

also, I have everything stored to build another one, one day, & it may be orange too!

Lenny, I'm only a small time Mopar fan, but with enough money, you would have to have one, way before owning a Ford!

Nice one Max, certainly a beautiful coupe, hard to argue against your opinion there!

Nice one Max, I would have liked a HJ LE back in the day but ended up with Toranas and Sandmans.

When I was twenty one of my mates tried to drive both of us to heaven (or maybe hell) in a Datsun 120y. He did a u-turn on the pacific Hwy in front of a XY GT Falcon. Still remember those headlight coming straight for us at 110kph. I blanked out just before the Falcon t-boned us, I knew what was about to happen, and it was going to hurt big time (understatement). When I come to the ambo guys where just about to put me in the back of a Ford F100 ambulance. I remember saying F**k you guys I'm not going to hospital in a Ford, I'll wait for something decent to come along. By the look on the guys face he must have been a hardened Ford guy.

That's how much a Holden guy I was back then. Fast forward 35 years and I have a Ford Ranger in the garage. I covered the Ford badge over with masking tape for the first six months because all my mates kept ribbing me. I've had it now for almost five years and its been the best 4x4 I have ever owned. previously had thirteen Toyota Hilux and its better than any of them.

All I can say is how thing change, never in my wildest mind did I ever think I would own a Fraud.

You got lucky the Ranger has many problems
    My mate bought a brand new one 2020 model Wildtrack 15000 km first service rear main is leaking

Transmission ,EGR valve, DPF are just some of the problems with the current ones

In my book, the best looking Australian Coupes would have to be.

HQ Monaro any model.
    VH Charger any model.

Ist equal :=

Quote Originally Posted by axistr View Post
    Nice one Max, I would have liked a HJ LE back in the day but ended up with Toranas and Sandmans.
    You mean HJ LS or HX LE?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo_NZ View Post

HQ Monaro any model.
    VH Charger any model.

Love the shape of both but I like the VH Coupe (not charger) best for shape.
    Selling HJ 253 Engine
    Engine Number QR718*** | 19M5 Clock Casting at 6 O'Clock
    19th December 1975 Suit HJ Late Dec 1975 to April 1976

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo_NZ View Post

HQ Monaro any model.
    VH Charger any model.

To me the HK Monaro has more sleek lines than the HQ but i do love any 2 door Holden

Banned
    VH Charger and LX SS A9X are the best two doors in my opinion.

Don't crucify me, but my favourite by looks (very tough) was the XA or XB GT falcon Coupe.

Quote Originally Posted by Valencia View Post
    You got lucky the Ranger has many problems
    My mate bought a brand new one 2020 model Wildtrack 15000 km first service rear main is leaking

Transmission ,EGR valve, DPF are just some of the problems with the current ones
    Probably been luck Gene but that doesn't sound like me, if there is a one in a million dud I generally end up with it. There are ten Rangers owners on our road. My brother, next door neighbor and neighbor opposite have the ranger and the Everest for the Mrs. None of us have have any problems. None have mentioned taking them back for any major warranty work. That's something Jeep owners couldn't brag about. All the rangers owners have the 3.2lt 5cyl diesel, mine is the only manual. They did have some problems with the early PK1 auto transmission. Only one Ranger in the street is a PX1 auto but hasn't had any problem with the auto after (195,00km). Is his the 2lt 4cyl twin turbo powered jobbie.

I like the coupe 4, wouldn't mind having one of them in the shed. But A9X before Coupe 4 Bugger it, if you win 80 million tomorrow why wouldn't you have both.
    Last edited by axistr; 04-08-2021 at 10:52 AM.

Thread Information