Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spotted white HX Sandman Panel Van For Sale

Spotted white HX Sandman Panel Van For Sale

hx_sandman_carsales_12102021_135K.jpg

Car Sales (not mine)
    https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...SSE-AD-7444873

BTW: People, stop using the word concourse when you mean Concours they are totally different words and meanings. They are not pronounced the same either. If you use the wrong word STOP IT! or go on looking the fool.
    Selling HJ 253 Engine
    Engine Number QR718*** | 19M5 Clock Casting at 6 O'Clock
    19th December 1975 Suit HJ Late Dec 1975 to April 1976

An original survivor.
    "Proud To Be An Old Fart".

Banned
    That’s the one in Survivor Car Magazine.
    $130000? Guess they will get it, who knows why. It actually looks like it needs some love in the magazine article.
    These cars are going to have more owners in ten years than they had in 40 years from new. They are really just objects of wealth boasting rather than enthusiasts cars now.
    Look I bought a Sandman, that means I had 100’s of 1000’s of dollars to burn. Tell me how rich I am again.
    Sad as they were all about youth and freedom originally.
    Last edited by wbute; 13-10-2021 at 12:14 PM.

Yeah, being a person who preferred to buy cars than ever sell them (and will have mine till I die-so won't see any financial gain from them) it is hard to see that I will ever be able to buy another one, but the plus side is that it now makes economic sense for people to spend some dollars restoring old cars (not necessarily to original) and I'm seeing some nice old cars on the road that may not have seen 10 years ago

- - - Updated - - -

PS, any update on your hx?

Quote Originally Posted by wbute View Post

These cars are going to have more owners in ten years than they had in 40 years from new. They are really just objects of wealth boasting rather than enthusiasts cars now.
    Look I bought a Sandman, that means I had 100’s of 1000’s of dollars to burn. Tell me how rich I am again.
    Sad as they were all about youth and freedom originally.

Got to get it to the mainland to

I have viewed this Sandman at NSW All Holden Day back quite a few years now. It has appeal but you would have to leave it pretty much as it is to make any sense monitory wise.
    Otherwise it's a full strip and rebuild and that ain't cheap. If you added that figure to the sale price you would well and truly exceed it's value/over capitalise. Interesting for me as it was a Wollongong car that I knew of as a young fella.
    Selling HJ 253 Engine

Sorry for that sort of coin it has to much wear for my liking
    Will see if it still there in 1 months time

Banned
    It towed a horse float around mostly apparently. Optioned the auto and 308 for that I guess. Doubt it ever saw a surfboard.
    It’s value is in its originality, but it’s a pretty plain car otherwise. I can’t understand why they didn’t clean the engine bay up at least. You could make the whole car look more desirable with a decent polish and detail without effecting it’s originally.
    No rust though which would be extremely rare today. At least you know if you keep it away from the coast and in a shed it will last.

I live in the 'Gong or along the coast for most of my life with some of the best surf going. Bugger all Sandmans were ever at the beach. That is just marketing hype. The surfers drove rusted out EH and HR station wagons, Kombi's or worse. Not one would have had enough cash to own a Sandman and most wouldn't have even had a full time job (if they had one at all). I'm talking mid seventies through to late nineties. Plenty were around, but they were not at the beach driven by surfies.
    Selling HJ 253 Engine

Thread Information