Thread: Vanspiration 14 - Forbidden Fruit

Vanspiration 14 - Forbidden Fruit

Howdy folks

Something truly old school from the "wrong" family, but I believe too good not to share with fellow van tragics.

I would be disappointed if Inners doesn't have a story about this van and equally not surprised if he actually owned it at one stage.

Enjoy....or hate?

Thanks mate. Love it. Wow that it has survived like that. Definitely not as pretty as a Sandman but I love all things panelvan

Quote Originally Posted by Blue victor View Post
    I would be disappointed if Inners doesn't have a story about this van and equally not surprised if he actually owned it at one stage.

Enjoy....or hate?
    Sorry to disappoint. Never owned a Valiant Panno. Do remember this one, but only through magazines.
    Honestly I can't remember paying more than $50 for a Valiant. Have owned a few though! But sadly never a panel van version.
    Pretty cool it's still around and enjoyed watching the video (except for the knucklehead repeating his thoughts and opinions like a scratched LP).
    Selling HJ 253 Engine
    Engine Number QR718*** | 19M5 Clock Casting at 6 O'Clock
    19th December 1975 Suit HJ Late Dec 1975 to April 1976

I fully concur about the scratched LP, sometimes silence or music works but I appreciate people sharing stuff.

As for Valiants, I too have never owned one but thrashed/crashed a few mostly Vf,Vg up the bush and left them. Hard to believe but working ones would be abandoned in the streets (early 80s) and we had a connection that would give them to us after impound time had been served. Drive them hidden in convoy (no plates) into forestry and instant Dukes of Hazzard

Anyway, this is the only Valiant thing I've ever owned...and still do

Valvan.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Blue victor View Post
    I fully concur about the scratched LP, sometimes silence or music works but I appreciate people sharing stuff.

As for Valiants, I too have never owned one but thrashed/crashed a few mostly Vf,Vg up the bush and left them. Hard to believe but working ones would be abandoned in the streets (early 80s) and we had a connection that would give them to us after impound time had been served. Drive them hidden in convoy (no plates) into forestry and instant Dukes of Hazzard

Anyway, this is the only Valiant thing I've ever owned...and still do
    Yup, have driven reasonable Valiant's to the tip and flogged them until they gave up. If they didn't, we just left them there.

Anyway, the 80's prices are well and truly over.

denim_machine_tribute.jpg
    Selling HJ 253 Engine
    Engine Number QR718*** | 19M5 Clock Casting at 6 O'Clock
    19th December 1975 Suit HJ Late Dec 1975 to April 1976

Finding Moonraker would be like finding Alley Cat or Xcellent Dynasty, find some copies of the fore runner to Street Machine, IIRC it was called Van Wheels to see these icons from the early 80's.
    HQ Glacier White Belmont Ute
    Wanted Lanspeed accessories for Holden Grey engines, twin carb manifolds, extractors, rocker cover, 3 speed floor shift.

Thread Information