Thread: Drip rails For HJ panelvan

Drip rails For HJ panelvan

Heh all,
    Can you please give me some guidance on the drip rails that screw on recess above both doors as I don’t have them and my panel beater is asking about them for door fitment. I have been searching the internet but nothing available. Does anyone have a pair for sale or can they be made?
    C7E88E89-9071-4660-8DF5-857A2158C722.jpg

Try Classic Oz Wreck he might be able to help you out

These are off my HJ mate, someone may have a better image. I was looking for some better condition ones a fair while ago but gave up as I was too remote for postage or looking at condition. I would assume that a good panel man could make them, there is a gentle curve & lip from what I remember
    F18CF102-20E6-427E-8153-157E7F369F30.jpeg
    23FD1AE7-B28A-4062-966E-EE4886B28952.jpeg

Yeh OK, I assumed that it was only going to be a single horizontal piece, are these specific to different models do you know?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valencia View Post
    Try Classic Oz Wreck he might be able to help you out
    I will thankyou

Quote Originally Posted by Norwester View Post
    Yeh OK, I assumed that it was only going to be a single horizontal piece, are these specific to different models do you know?
    From memory HQ & HJ had the dog leg trim, HX & HZ had a smaller horizontal piece.

Not sure why they changed or if they are interchangeable

Quote Originally Posted by maxsandman View Post
    From memory HQ & HJ had the dog leg trim, HX & HZ had a smaller horizontal piece.

Not sure why they changed or if they are interchangeable
    Nailed it. HX and HZ were shorter, HQ and HJ longer... I assumed changed coz it was cheaper to produce...

Ok seems like I am getting somewhere, I was always on the look out for a single horizontal piece, thanks

P Plater
    They are very rare only panel vans had them. I would weld up the holes and give it a smooth look, people will not notice.

P Plater
    I had a similar problem finding them for my HZ. I ended up leaving them of for a cleaner look (personal choice). I capped the open ends of my SS window surrounds and avoid driving it in the rain. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Len1955 View Post
    They are very rare only panel vans had them. I would weld up the holes and give it a smooth look, people will not notice.
    Yeh, I am still no closer to finding a pair.

Thread Information